Question for anyone using GoLauncher....

Yeag3r

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
has anyone noticed your S3 slow down since using GoLauncher? I used it on my Thunderbolt and really enjoy it, but it seems to have slowed down the phone. Just wondering if anyone else noticed this or if I'm the only one.

jaredw444

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I use go launcher when I'm on cm7, go launcher is bloated and slower than other launchers. Once you delete all the crap like go store and their app update notification then it actually works very nice.
But I have to say go launchers not the fastest, but seems very stable then some other ones

plays by prison rules

sayheysarah

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
I've been using Go Launcher since Day 1. There is a lot of bloat, and I would switch if I could find one I really liked. I haven't noticed any slowing down but then again, my last android phone as in the Inspire, and it was slow as dirt with Go.

Yeag3r

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
i hear yeah. My Thunderbolt was slower than dirt while using Go. I just thought the S3 might be able to handle it more smoothly than the Tbolt.

goceltics34

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I ran go launcher on my thunderbolt for a year and a half and noticed that it started to lag alot the past several months.

Just recently switched to the SIII and installed go launcher. Absolutely no slowdown for me here. It runs butter smooth.

Just the past several days i tried Nova launcher and Apex because of all of the great things i heard about those launchers. After a few days though i uninstalled them. They just don't have all of the features that go launcher offers.

Gladly sticking with go launcher and keep my phone looking fresh and new every few weeks with different themes.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I used to use GO Launcher on my Droid X but it got too bloated for my taste.
Try either Nova Launcher or Apex Launcher. They are designed to specifically work on ICS or newer operating systems.
They offer both free and paid versions. Both are about $4 for the paid versions but to me, it's worth it since the paid versions offer the features I want.