Available WiFi Alert

Noob Cydroid

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
How do I get rid of this alert once and for all?
20120718154541.png

ZacHolley

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
thanks I figured it was tied to the one that can only be removed by root up in the status bar...

damn verizon and putting this bs on here without easy settings to get them off here...

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I used the SQLite editor to change that but the pop up eventually came back
Hope this gets rid of it for good this time :)
Thanks

VicVinegar

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Excellent. Haven't got around to rooting yet, so this is nice.

I never got it until I finally had to give in and connect to a wifi network for the first time to download an Amazon app store app (damn their wifi download requirement). Then the annoying BS started, but only on Netflix. Certainly didn't get it for the Google Play app.

anon(181017)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Excellent. Haven't got around to rooting yet, so this is nice.

I never got it until I finally had to give in and connect to a wifi network for the first time to download an Amazon app store app (damn their wifi download requirement). Then the annoying BS started, but only on Netflix. Certainly didn't get it for the Google Play app.

I was bothered by the Amazon requirement too, and started a thread here:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/market-help/183813-amazon-appstore-wifi-only.html
I guess I was the only one annoyed by it, and that was when I still had my 3G dX.

Anyways, I did find where you can bump the wifi minimum up to 50MB in the appstore settings.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Why not just hit automatically connect? Does it just pop up for known networks or also for open, unknown networks?

Only when around known networks. Sure you can just let it autoconnect and skip the popup altogether but that's no help for people who don't want to be on wifi whenever they're doing something. Kind of defeats the purpose of still having unlimited data huh? There's also one for all available networks if you have wifi enabled but that one has an option to turn it off.

anon(181017)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
open the dialer and enter the following code:
*#6335623#

this will open "HiddenMenuWifiOffload" menu.
select "Disable WifiOffloading"
press OK

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Worked like a charm, thanks! Makes you wonder what other "hidden menus" there are that can be accessed this way. How does one initially stumble upon that code? I assume there is some way to find it in source code or something, and not that somebody sat there dialing *#1111111#, *#1111112#, etc...

On another note- I must be one of the few people who are not too bothered by the ongoing notification. I guess I was at first, but I got used to it quickly as I had to adjust to the entirely new status bar/pulldown with built-in toggles anyways. I guess the way I look at it is the ongoing notification is just a full-length toggle button below the others (since the wifi toggle is missing from the rest of them anyways). Sure, I'd rather have the single wifi toggle up there with the rest of them, and will probably root eventually to make that swtich. But for now it really doesn't bother me, and that is surprising because I am usually annoyed too easily by things like this...

Noob Cydroid

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
open the dialer and enter the following code:
*#6335623#

this will open "HiddenMenuWifiOffload" menu.
select "Disable WifiOffloading"
press OK

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
THANKS! Just gave it a shot. We'll see if it works next time I run into a Star Bucks or something.

jerethi

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone take a screen shot of this hidden menu and post it?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad