HTC to S3 seeking some friendly help please

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
1. So first off my question is...is there anything close to funcational that "FriendStream" offered to put a NICE display widget with twitter / facebook and easy to access as well as read?

2. Are there known issues when going between apps / screens that the phone flickers and almost pauses a black screen from time to time?

3. Does anyone else using Handcent have issues using the back button to leave the app? I have to hit back fast to exit and had no issues on my Rezound like I am seeing currently on S III.

4. Color app I can not get to load it just keeps it at part where you give "optional" permissions to facebook and just loops at that point?

5. Messaging Icon in the app tray is there any way to not show the "1" number or unread text number because I use different messaging app?

6. Brightness just seems to randomly dim no matter what I am doing on the phone?

7. Kies Air does what exactly is this the built in tethering blu tooth app?

LOVE the device just trying ot figure out if I possibly have issues or if these things are just known things because I can deal with all of them. Just know people have had the device longer then me and can offer insight I do not have yet! Thx for the help folks

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what you mean by 2. Look at a YouTube video of the s3 for answers maybe.

5 long press on that icon to remove it. You can move any app to it.

6 Turn auto brightness off and try a widget like brightness level by Curvefish.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

didiwags

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I went from the rezound to the GS3

1. I never used it cause I hate combing my stuff..... Sorry.

2. No clue, I do not have that issue.

3. I use handcent with no issues!

4. I have not used Color yet.

5. Just remove it from the tray!

6. Play with the brightness, try turning auto off

7. Also have not used it.

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the responses folks. didiwags can you please confirm when in the main messaging window. When you go into a "thread" or message then hit back you get back to the main window. Issue is I use to hit back one more time to close out of the Handcent program completely, but now when I hit back it just reloads that screen as if it does not recongize the option to use back to back out completely. Again not a deal breaker for the phone but I never had this issue with software on the Rezound and would like to report this to Handcent if this is an issue for this device.

Sorry was I not more clear on the messaging issue. I meant from the All apps window you get a number display over the stock messenger app when you have unread messages. Some HTC devices you could turn off notifcations for that # showing up in the All app menu.

didiwags

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Okay my bad, I guess it does do that on handcent! Never noticed it before. I guess I hit home instead of back on apps!

And you can go to the stock messanging app and have it stop notifications but I believe it will stick have a number pop up on the actual app!

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Few new questions and thanks for the help so far!

1. Can you choose with photo albums to view in the gallery? HTC had option to view specific folders and not seeing that option on here which is OK. I can go to quick pic or something

2. Where is option to keep the screen on while charging?

3. Internet opens up really dim is there a way to change how bright this should be? Possible just an issue with the software but when I hit button for bookmark the normal screen brightness kicks in. Soon as I close bookmarks it goes down to very low brightness.

Thanks for the help this is truly and amazing phone!

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Few new questions and thanks for the help so far!

1. Can you choose with photo albums to view in the gallery? HTC had option to view specific folders and not seeing that option on here which is OK. I can go to quick pic or something

2. Where is option to keep the screen on while charging?

3. Internet opens up really dim is there a way to change how bright this should be? Possible just an issue with the software but when I hit button for bookmark the normal screen brightness kicks in. Soon as I close bookmarks it goes down to very low brightness.

Thanks for the help this is truly and amazing phone!

3 Internet browser has its own brightness levels. Look in its settings. Or download Opera.

2 I don't think this phone does that without a app from the market. I wouldn't recommend it anyways since the OLED screen is prone to burn in due to that behavior.

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Would you be kind enough to point me to the correct menu within the Internet browser settings menu to change brightness? Because I looked at every option and see zero choices and would suck to have a very dim browser but I can survive if that is just the way it is.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Would you be kind enough to point me to the correct menu within the Internet browser settings menu to change brightness? Because I looked at every option and see zero choices and would suck to have a very dim browser but I can survive if that is just the way it is.

Open the Internet app then hit the capacitive menu button then select "brightness and colors".

It wasn't actually in the "settings" section, I just assumed so. I don't use the stock browser really at all.

R3asonableDoubt

May 17, 2011
Visit site
To fix the dimming issue within the stock browser open up the stock browser, click on the "Menu" button, scroll down to "Brightness & Colors", and un-check "Auto brightness".

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Exactly what I wanted! Can't believe I overlooked that haha thank you folks. Now hopes I can get few more answers on other issues and I am honestly set for a long time while I try out new apps and figure out what some Samsung apps actually do!

jaebberwock

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
You can't do anything about the gallery. Download quick pick, it is superior and integrates seamlessly. It's free and there is no advertising as well. PayPal the developer a couple bucks if you think it's worth it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol