4G + Foxfi

mesocyclonic

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I would imagine if you start suddenly pulling down tens to hundreds of gigs a month, VZW might catch on. For small amounts, they probably won't notice and/or care.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
fyi, you can use the stock mobile hotspot app without subscription , but you would need to activate it with a third party widget like power widget or elixir.

Reactions: kwright817

thechidz

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the short ime i used it it was great, but the sgs3 just didnt hold a strong enough 4g connection for me in my house so im back to wifi tether with my thunderbolt. I use about 15-20gb per month, lately on the higher side

not2gutta

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
fyi, you can use the stock mobile hotspot app without subscription , but you would need to activate it with a third party widget like power widget or elixir.

Would this affect my unlimited data plan if I use the stock hot spot? I'm aware the new data plans include hotspot.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

TH3JUICEMAN

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Downloading around 12 mbs, uploading 12-13mbs. Actually a little better than Uverse on downloading and straight killing the upload speeds. Because I got lucky and was able to keep unlimited I will probably be canceling Uverse

junglesnake98

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I have unlimited and I use and and no Verizon has not said anything and I called a buddy and he said they didn't know. But I don't completely abuse it either but I get a damn good signal and speed so I use to power my laptop at work sometimes. But I do that with my jailbroken Ipad too! I just hope they don't start throttling like at&t did. I have 3 unlimited lines to I make sure I spread out my usage equally so it don't look to obvious.

andrewshah

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Foxfi is great! I don't use it unless I absolutely need the speed, like when many members of my family are pulling on our pathetic 3mbps at&t plan.

Even with watching a few Netflix movies tethered I pull around 40gb a month.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

mphymel

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Foxfi is great! I don't use it unless I absolutely need the speed, like when many members of my family are pulling on our pathetic 3mbps at&t plan.

Even with watching a few Netflix movies tethered I pull around 40gb a month.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Have you ever been warned for tethering with ATT, I have gotten a warning with the Iphone, and now switched to an S3, but am not sure if I can go undetected. Like you it is an "as-needed" thing when I am in a pinch.
What sucks, is that I pay them for my internet service at home, and I am unlimited on my contract, so I really shouldn't have to pay any more anyway in my opinion.

Sykotc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Have you ever been warned for tethering with ATT, I have gotten a warning with the Iphone, and now switched to an S3, but am not sure if I can go undetected. Like you it is an "as-needed" thing when I am in a pinch.
What sucks, is that I pay them for my internet service at home, and I am unlimited on my contract, so I really shouldn't have to pay any more anyway in my opinion.

Use the foxfi add-on to mask your tethering, works great. I used it on my Photon, averaged 30gig/mth with no issues. :D

Sent from my MZ505 using Android Central Forums

PeteJE

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
So you just fire up foxfi and you're good to go? No hassles from VZW?

-Suntan

I am using 8-10gig a month. Consistently fast and no problems. I (On unlimited of course.). I don't bother with the proxy add on ;just turn it on and use it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX