Problems with cut and paste

asmallchild

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Anybody else with problems cutting and pasting?

I find either it doesn't work or worse, it results in freezes and crashes within chrome

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

asmallchild

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Anyone?

Just tried it now, tried to copy and paste from the messaging app to Gmail

copy function was successful but i didn't even get a prompt to paste in gmail despite long holding in the free text field

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I always get FCs. Out of curiosity are you using Swype? I'm wondering if their latest (awful) update is part of the problem and I keep forgetting to uninstall and check.

Reactions: asmallchild

asmallchild

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm using Swiftkey 3

I should try it on Swype as I have that installed too

Maybe I'll try it on the stock keyboard and report back

asmallchild

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Could not get it to work with the stock keyboard either

Surely I cannot be the only one with this issue?

Tried to cut and paste a text message into tapatalk, fc on attempt 1, no ability to paste on attempt 2

This is so frustrating...

ttrimmer

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Mine worked fine for weeks then suddenly stopped working. The only solution on the web was a hard reset so I did that and mine is back to normal now. Probably a bug or a bad app install.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: asmallchild

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I had this exact same issue.

You have 2 options;

1) Factory Restore your device

2) ROOT your device, install ROOT Explorer, navigate to / > data > clipboard, select ALL and delete all, than go into your Settings > Applications Manager > All, look for TestServices, than remove updates/clear data. Reboot and everything should be fine.

I opted for option 2 simply because restoring a device sucks and I wanted to root anyways because I missed AdFree, ROOT Explorer, and could not stand the WIFI Notification.

Essentially what happens is something in your clipboard becomes corrupted by TestServices. You basically have to clean up a mess you did not make.

Thanks appreciated ;)

asmallchild

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Root is forthcoming then

Thanks to all you guys for the help

The battery life and camera is great on this thing

Beyond that, I find I'm really beginning to miss my Nexus.....

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
2) ROOT your device, install ROOT Explorer, navigate to / > data > clipboard, select ALL and delete all, than go into your Settings > Applications Manager > All, look for TestServices, than remove updates/clear data. Reboot and everything should be fine.

You're my hero.

Sent from my Galaxy S III via Tapatalk

kramiel16

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Thank you so much jaj6503
It really work. My s3 is my first android phone and my first time to root for this. Rooting is so easy. 0.01% risk only. All i read from forums just exaggerated that rooting is hard. Now i'm searching things i could do more now. Thanks again

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Rooting is so easy. 0.01% risk only. All i read from forums just exaggerated that rooting is hard.

The GS3 has the easiest root method I've ever seen (haven't tried nexus but that's simple too.) The difficulty/risk isn't too exaggerated elsewhere, and can still screw with your hardware if you do something wrong. We just have an easy phone.

OWybPPgO

Geek Mom
Jun 8, 2012
Visit site

You have 2 options;

I opted for option 2 simply because restoring a device sucks and I wanted to root anyways because I missed AdFree, ROOT Explorer, and could not stand the WIFI Notification.

Essentially what happens is something in your clipboard becomes corrupted by TestServices. You basically have to clean up a mess you did not make.

Thanks appreciated ;)

Grumble. I have the paste problem too.
Is it really foolproof to root/unroot? How do I do it?

OWybPPgO

Geek Mom
Jun 8, 2012
Visit site

You have 2 options;

Thanks appreciated ;)

ETA: never mind. It worked for me! I didn't have to do anything to the TestService app, but after I rebooted I have paste back - thanks!

Now, if I want to restore my phone to unrooted condition, how do I do that???

Last edited:

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't find a clipboard in data. I searched for it and couldn't find it any where else. Tried just clearing test services. Nothing happened after the reboot.