Mobile facebook site freezing the stock browser

davidlnewman

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I am not a facebook user, however my wife uses it a lot and we both just got the S3. She has noticed that the standard browser freezes up consistently on the mobile facebook site. THiw was not an issue with her old phone the DINC. She does not want to use the facebook app. We have tried Chrome and it works with Chrome, however Chrome does not seem to support zooming as well as the standard browser. Has anybody else had this issue? Any solutions?

Rackness

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I cannot say much about the stock browser since I have been running dolphin browser (that i think is great lots of functionality). I tried the stock browser for maybe 5 min before switching. I did not care for even its most basic operation. That said dolphin has no problems with Facebook Mobile or any other sites i view i highly recommend it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

breeze

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I am not a facebook user, however my wife uses it a lot and we both just got the S3. She has noticed that the standard browser freezes up consistently on the mobile facebook site. THiw was not an issue with her old phone the DINC. She does not want to use the facebook app. We have tried Chrome and it works with Chrome, however Chrome does not seem to support zooming as well as the standard browser. Has anybody else had this issue? Any solutions?

This is a known bug (at least by me) in the stock browser or the Facebook site. Have you set the following in Chrome? Chrome > Menu > Settings > Accessibility > Force enable zoom ? Then pinch to zoom and double tap works.

Thatguy42084

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Same issue here although I was already having problems with my HTC EVO being unable to leave comments on facebook mobile. I've had the Galaxy S3 for a few days now and Every time I attempt to go to Facebook mobile in the stock browser it locks up. Glad I found a couple suggestions here.... I really dislike the stock browser and keyboard on the S3

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue with Dolphin and Stock Browser and only freezes on on FB comments/notifications!! No other site.. Must be something only this sites is using??? (maybe Dolphin and Stock use same engine and has the same glitch??) Firefox and Chrome do not freeze on FB but I do not care much either browser really...