why are there so many fewer owner complaints in AT&T SG3 forum?

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
why are there so many fewer owner complaints in AT&T SG3 forum?
(compared directly with the VZW SG3 forum)

I will never switch to AT&T in a million years.(well... but I'll consider
it the year after that :D )

In this forum(VZW SG3), there are a lot of this not working and
that not working threads.... after a quick looking on the AT&T
side, I see very few such threads....

Just wondering... :)

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Maybe because we actually spend time trying to figure stuff out and learning how to use the phone before crying and ranting about the issue...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Or they are too dumb to know they have an issue and just accept it as normal lol. I'm just kidding. Who knows what the OP is talking about. The att version of the phone was out like 2 weeks before the Verizon version so they got a jump on the complaints lol. As time goes on those things slow down. But who knows. More importantly who cares?

Sent from my Galaxy S III

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: why are there so many fewer owner complaints in AT&T SG3 foru

Doesn't affect me either way whether they have a million complaints or zero.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
First of all I'd like to see some actual statistics. Secondly there may be more Verizon wireless customers than ATT customers. Verizon is the largest US carrier isn't it?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
That could be true as well. Especially Verizon users didn't have a galaxy note or HTC one x that probably would have prevented a lot from getting this. But the OPs claim is just on what they see and not facts. You have to look through each page of each thread to see who has the most complaints and only count each complaint once given the number of threads started for the same issue.

Sent from my Galaxy S III

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

I would complain about anything if I was getting raped.....I mean.....paying top dollar for my mobile service! :D

aldous

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Maybe it has to do with the bloatware that verizon added to the phone.

Biopsidy

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

I wouldn't judge the number of complaints as being evidence that another device must be superior/inferior because different people complain (or don't) for different reasons. There are too many variables involved. If anything, I only use forums when deciding to buy something by looking at "common" complaints. If I see different forums bringing up the same issue constantly then I take that as a little evidence that this might be a problem worth considering.

Still, to answer your question, I'll give you my $.02. AT&T isn't exactly known for selling a lot of Android smartphones, but they are known for selling a lot of iPhones. My guess is simple: fewer S3's sold on AT&T than on Verizon = fewer complaints. Added to that, AT&T did recently release the One X and even though we KNOW (thanks to HTC) that it didn't exactly sell well, it still sold and likely pulled a lot of customers who were eligible for upgrades before the S3 came out. Plus they have the Note as well that sold decently to its targeted market.

Since the devices are virtually identical, there'd be no real reason for different amounts of complaints other than carrier bloatware and the occasional person who's not in the best service area for their provider. So, my money is on less S3's being sold on AT& T than on Verizon.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

Maybe it is because of this red pen sitting on my desk...

?Yeah, that sounds absurd. Just like this thread.

-Suntan

Reactions: Kronko

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site

This might evolve into the differences in the CDMA/GSM devices. Who really knows? I have not reviewed the AT&T and Verizon versions directly, but I do know that Verizon effed with the S3 a lot more than the T-Mobile version that I was sent to review.

Dunbar42

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site

AT&T also got their phone 2 weeks before us and hasn't lit many areas up with LTE. So you wouldn't expect as many LTE related battery complaints.

snookiesnoo

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site

Maybe it has to do with the bloatware that verizon added to the phone.

The AT&T version is just as bloated but at least its easy to root.

whatda

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site

It's because they all came from IPHONES .. and realized how good android phones are!:-$