Facebook Notifications

msokad

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Very happy with the S3. I have no problems to nitpick on with the execption of the Facebook Notification. I'm not receiving any of them on my phone. My wife has an S3 as well and her phone has noproblem.

I did the normal steps so far. Restarted the phone, deleted the cache and data for FB and uninstalled and installed.

Any ideas?

dmoney17

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I have heard of others having problems with the FB app on Android and not getting notifications. I'm using Friendcaster for FB and I get all the notifications. I recommend that app over the official FB app.

Reactions: cooliosam

anon(181017)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I get notifications on my status bar, and about half the time tapping the notification opens facebook and takes me to it, half the time it just clears the notification and does nothing. Then I have to manually open facebook app and check the notification. At least I know I have a notification, so even if I have to manually open facebook to check it I guess it's no big deal.

msokad

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Both services are active. I receive all other data with no issue and I can open FB. It's only the notifications on my status bar that I am not receiving.

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I tend to get more than I want. I only want comments on my wall and comments to my post but I get alerts of certain people post no matter What

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

msokad

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what changed to fix the issue, but the Facebook notifications started to pop-up in the notification bar. I checked and there was not a new version released.

cooliosam

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
hey msokad, do the facebook notifications still work? i just got the S3 and i'm not getting any FB notifications.

i logged out, logged back in and got 1 notification, but then they stopped again.

i'm assuming that's it's just flaky as others have mentioned.

Hatren

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Don't use the Facebook for Android app...it is crap imo. Just use your browser and put a shortcut on your home screen if that's how you like to roll.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

envoynv

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I completely stopped using FB for my phone, it sucked so bad, it was laggy and the usefullness of it was equally as bad. No surprise the stock is tumbling, I heard that the iphone app is just as bad.

cooliosam

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
i'm coming from BlackBerry. VERY SURPRISED that the BlackBerry app was stable and awesome with notifications compared to this.. i should have listened to all the bad reviews

Bbeelzebub

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I was having issues with notifications on the fb app all last week. I finally downloaded the blackberry simulator off the RIM site, logged into FB via the FB app in the simulator and have had no issues since.

I've seen that mentioned all over the net on how to fix FB notifcations on Android. Once it thinks you are using a BB, it suddenly starts working correctly. Go figure. In fact, I'm not getting notifications before they even show up on my computer.

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Talking about notifications. As FB is in the topic i will use this as an example.
Say i get a message,i get a notification in the bar at the top of the screen. Is there any programmes or apps that can actually have the notification on the app itself? For me its ok to have it in the bar but would be so much better if it actually had it on the app.
Some say change to GO explorer etc but does it work?

Yeag3r

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Go Launcher works like a pro for me. You also download the Go Notifications along with it to have what you're wanting.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Yea that's the thing. Is there apps that you can use to have the notification without downloading a new launcher?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18