Gallery crashing, only when browsing screenshots

rvgraham

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I have about 90 screenshots saved, mostly pictures I liked in 500pix feed through Google Currents.

When I browse, scrolling 1 picture at a time, it eventually locks up and force closes, returning me to the desktop. I am rooted, and while I had superuser installed, I was getting a notification about shell being granted superuser permissions.

I have another folder, created from my computer with over 150 larger shots, and I can browse that one end-to-end more than once without ever closing. Same for my Camera folder.

I only removed a handful of apps (Such as Google Videos and something or other, VZ Nav etc.)

I tried creating another folder and moving the screenshots there so as to break the system link between the OS and the screenshots folder. No luck, still crashes after browsing 30-50 pictures.

Oddly, I can run a continuous slideshow without problem.

-Bob Graham

etnpnys

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Not that this is a solution to your issue, but you could try QuickPic: http://market.android.com/details?id=com.alensw.PicFolder
That's what I use and I haven't noticed a problem like you describe.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
I liked QuickPic a LOT when I had my EVO 4G. But mainly because I was bored with the stock gallery app.

FWIW, I just figured out this weekend that I only seem to have the issue when viewing pictures stored on the SD card... And the card is brand new, but I will try to run some tests on it to make sure it isn't bunk.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc