My GS3 just arrived!!!! :) Battery questions!

kalebk07

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone, so I am now the proud owner of a white Verizon GS3 16GB. I ordered it from Amazonwireless.com, which had a great discount on the phone btw ($150 vs $200 that I saw everywhere else! My question is, the instructions on amazonwireless.com/activate say to put the battery and sim in, charge it completely and then tur on the phone. Is it important to leave it off while its charging the first time? I am really anxious to turn this bad boy on, but Imalso want to keep my battery healthy! I have also heard that the first few times you use it, you should let iy die completely and then charge it completely to get the most out of your battery, has anyone else heard that? Does it really matter? Thanks for checking out my post!

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Android Central Forums

msokad

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I turned it on the and activated the phone before it was fully charged and haven't had any issues.

Start that bad boy up and ENJOY!!!!:)

Reactions: kalebk07

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
You'll have some people to tell you to do "x,y,z", but with today's batteries just plug it in and let 'er rip. Damn sure ain't gonna hurt anything if it's on, either.

Enjoy the new S3!

Reactions: kalebk07

glassygurl

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
ooooh! congratulations! I know how it feels to first open it and lay your eyes on that HUGE BEAUTIFUL SCREEEEEEN ^________^

kalebk07

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
I know, its so gorgeous!!!! I am very happy with my purchase. It was between the GS3, the GNex and the Incrediblw 4G LTE and I think I made the right choice! :)

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Android Central Forums

mistermean666

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I have never done anything special to my battery and never had a problem.This battery is great.I never believed any of that break in battery junk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12