Do you have data internet connection problems?

ferniesp

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I am glad to see that there are some people who ar not afraid to speak the truth on the Galaxy 3 data speeds. I spoke out and got pasted by the die hards.

I think the problem for most people is that they look at these speed tests as being the official test for speed. This is not so. Also, why is it that people do these speed test using wifi? Wifi speeds Re usually very fast no matter what phone you use. Using 4G is another story using these speed tests. The Galaxy just flat out sucks when it comes to this. I put total problem on the radio that Samsung uses. This is why everyone's Internet is all over the place.

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
This is what I have I have lost LTE once. I but as u can see it looks like I loose it several times a day. Reasons y its showing this?
Also here are my speeds.
46c0c163-208c-f032.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

crofutt

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Woo Hoo - I posted above about all the trouble I have been having and was almost ready to give up. Two phone and 3 sim cards later still with lousy connection. Well, I convinced V to send me a 3rd phone and this one works great! So, don't give up with V if you have problems with connectivity. Get another phone, in my case it took three to finally get one that worked and I spoke with LOTS of techs before they sent it

dj hidroid

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
This always seems to be a Samsung problem (Charge, Fascinate, G-Nex and now S3), As much as I love their design, I'm headed back to Moto. They seem to use much better radios!!

Data dropping and sloppy handoffs have happened to me on my Gnex and Razr maxx but my GS3 seems to be better at holding a 4g signal. I switch back and forth between 3g and 4g in my area because it's a fringe spot but in Philly my GS3 held lte the whole day I was there and was pulling 32mbps. I'm still waiting on Samsung to ship my phone back but I read in the notes that the prl and software were updated so hopefully this resolves the only major issue i had and that was poor reception at me house but I've yet to run into the radios just falling asleep which was an issue that plagued a few on the Gnex replacements that I went through.

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Data dropping and sloppy handoffs have happened to me on my Gnex and Razr maxx but my GS3 seems to be better at holding a 4g signal. I switch back and forth between 3g and 4g in my area because it's a fringe spot but in Philly my GS3 held lte the whole day I was there and was pulling 32mbps. I'm still waiting on Samsung to ship my phone back but I read in the notes that the prl and software were updated so hopefully this resolves the only major issue i had and that was poor reception at me house but I've yet to run into the radios just falling asleep which was an issue that plagued a few on the Gnex replacements that I went through.

Howong did it take to get your phone back from Samsung?

tstaples9

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I live in a solid 4G area and my GS3 from Verizon had 4G for the first few days, but I haven't had a 4G connection for more than a week now. Even when I am out driving all over the city, no 4G. Been through all the setting, done everything short of a factory Reset, which I would dread....going to take it back to the idiots at Verizon today and see if they can troubleshoot it to rule out hardware failure.

tiny88

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I have been having connection problems too..4g symbol disapeares and than comes back again. Very spotty sometimes but than other times no problems..been avoiding going into Verizon clues I know thee not going to say its on there end. Eventually will break down and go in and complain unless it magically fixes itself or someone comes up with a fix that works. Usually have not had any problems with Verizon in the past ..

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I have been having connection problems too..4g symbol disapeares and than comes back again. Very spotty sometimes but than other times no problems..been avoiding going into Verizon clues I know thee not going to say its on there end. Eventually will break down and go in and complain unless it magically fixes itself or someone comes up with a fix that works. Usually have not had any problems with Verizon in the past ..

Same issues started about a week ago. It's also affecting my wife's Razr maxx

RickG.

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Yea, major data connection problems. I can see the tower from my house yet only get 2 out of 5 bars signal strength and get the "network error" message at times. And data speeds of 0.3 to 1.5mbps where my old phone was a solid 2.5. Where my old Droid X worked perfectly at my office, this one has no voice or data. Oddly enough I will get text messages at times and email but can send neither. And it shows 1 bar of 1X where my Droid X had 2 bars of 3G. In a 4G area it will switch back and forth between the two even though I haven't moved. Actually, I really like this phone but it's pretty useless the way it is. V has sent me a replacement as the first one was even worse and now they are sending a sim card to try.
Pretty much have the same stuff going on with my phone. Verizon has basically told me its the phone and there is patch coming out "eventually" to fix it. They even offered me a Razor Max - had they OK'd the HD I honestly would have taken. This phone is awesome when it is working good but basically worthless when it's not.
I've already been through 2 phones and 3 sim cards.

lbkiml

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Pretty much have the same stuff going on with my phone. Verizon has basically told me its the phone and there is patch coming out "eventually" to fix it. They even offered me a Razor Max - had they OK'd the HD I honestly would have taken. This phone is awesome when it is working good but basically worthless when it's not.
I've already been through 2 phones and 3 sim cards.

Agreed. My phone is pretty useless in most buildings.
I would've taken the HD too if they offered it.

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I had major issues since July with the S3, not only did data drop, I dropped calls and such. I would have 4G and then it would drop to 1X, go to extended area and then 3G and all over the place from there. I had a replacement phone, replacement SIMs and nothing worked. Verizon basically told me that 1. Its my area and 2 that the Samsungs have a poor antenna. They offered to send me a last years Razr which I kindly declined, If i wanted last years technology I would have bought it. I ended up selling it and getting an Iphone 5 which holds signal very well. I am not an Apple person but it works and thats what matters at this point.

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
If the iPhone 5 did voice data at same time I would consider it. However I can't have my data connection broken every time someone texts me. (Tethering to online classes.)

steve_ma

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I had a launch day ThunderBolt that started having the dreaded data connection issues last fall. Other than that the phone rocked, but I was feeling the upgrade bug and the data drops were getting to be more and more of a pain so I went with the Galaxy S3 and have had NO issues since. I have been using it happily since mid December.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11