charlier180

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Yea he seemed vague. One of my GS3's is rooted on JB and foxfi doesn't work with it. Nice thing about root. But we have several unlimited lines and where we live we need it. Its funny we are less than 2 miles away from a tower so we get great 4g but no internet services otherwise. I live 45 miles from town. I paid foxfi the money hoping he gets busy on an update to support JB.

Thanks for confirming that FoxFi doesn't work on JB. Hopefully the developer will get FoxFi working with JB before too long.
I have no problem paying a developer for their app when it does what I need and it works well.

agploch

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Hello, need some advice concerning connecting via bluetooth using FoxFi... I have the app on a Virgin Mobile LG Optimus Elite (does it work on this phone?). I've followed the FoxFi instructions for paring the devices (phone & laptop - 5 y/o Acer Aspire running Windows Vista) and I've made it to the pairing, but haven't been able to make a succesfull connection. When I get to the point where the laptop is trying to "download the drivers for the bluetooth peripheral device" it always fails. I also tried using a Samsung Infuse 4G, and the same thing happened, paring ok, but no connection. Any clue as to what I am doing wrong?

I haven't tried connecting the VM phone using the hotspot option on FoxFi, will try that tonight. I don't think I want to try and activate the FoxFi hotspot connection on the Infuse, since that one doesn't have unlimited data, like the VM phone has, and I'm afraid that option (and not the bluetooth one) is going to kill my data plan. Can someone please tell me if this is a correct assumption?

Thank you for your help! And Happy Thanksgiving!

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like your problem is a bluetooth driver problem and you have not even gotten to try FoxFi using bluetooth. I have connected using bluetooth and wifi using a Verizon S3 and win 7 64 bit PC. I had Vista for a short time and was very disappointed with it. If you have any opertunity to try same on a Win 7 PC I would suggest you try it.

Mischa Spackman

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Can someone plz tell me why foxfi works on my sg3 just fine but my phone warns me when I reach a certain data limit with my at&t data plan and Ive been conntected to foxfi with my iPad watching movies and my phone warned me that my data limit was reached . Why is foxfi still using my at&t data???

jdk2

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Can someone plz tell me why foxfi works on my sg3 just fine but my phone warns me when I reach a certain data limit with my at&t data plan and Ive been conntected to foxfi with my iPad watching movies and my phone warned me that my data limit was reached . Why is foxfi still using my at&t data???
It has to use your data. Where else would it get data from? FoxFi and other tethering apps just use a connection method that's basically invisible to the carrier. It does, however, still use your data bucket.

Kevin Kirby

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
i have a tmobile galaxy s3 and tryed to set the proxy on my computer to 0.0.0.0 and 8000 and my internet stops working can someone explain how to set the proxy maybe i did it wrong

hh72385

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so now that FoxFi doesn't work with JB what are recommendations for a hotspot app on the S3 (hopefully free)?

I've been using the fattin hotspot toggle. It bypasses the Verizon disclaimer and turns on the hotspot feature. No charges on my plan to date.

sofakingwetatdid

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I am only using this for my Infinity Tablet. However, I downloaded pdanet tablet and am connecting via Bluetooth. The internet is working and the scary Verizon WiFi icon inst in my notification bar on the GS3. I am trying to find a way to see if verizon is going to ding me for tethering, anyone know of a way?

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the suggestion. I read the information and it said it is a widget and uses the existing hotspot app. I just wanted to make sure if you know if this will work without incurring hotspot charges from Verizon. If this does work why couldn't I just use the Verizon hotspot app.

PS: My Verizon plan allow unlimited data, so in theory I am not entitled to hotspot.

jedk

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
The widget works because it bypasses the subscription check that the Verizon app uses. I've been using it without an issue on my unlimited data plan for at least 8 months and have never incurred any additional charges.