Hotspot Issues

jmart603

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm on a tiered data plan and have the official hotspot included so I'm using the Verizon hotspot app. When I try and use it, I can't connect. I see the hotspot on my laptop, but it fails to connect (sometimes I get the useless limited connectivity notification). I've also tried adding the MAC address as an approved device, but no luck. Anybody else with issues or solutions?

Thanks

racquetballer

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
What brand and model phone are you using? I had a Motorola Bionic and had the same problems you are having. I had it replace and it didn't help.. I bought a Samsung GS3 and have not had any problems with the MHS.

windstrings

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Reactions: anon(19759)

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I clicked through your link and lol'ed at that poster's avatar.

"Whose brain WAS it?"
"Abby... something. Abby Normal."

Classic movie. Young Frankenstein, for those that haven't seen it. Watch it =)

Sent from my Galaxy S III via Tapatalk

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
The foxfi thing worked great. Strange that after loading, running then deleting the app and rebooting my vzw hotspot service works just fine now.

windstrings

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
It must flip some switch that's set wrong, nevertheless I don't need foxfi at all now "especially since they got high and mighty and charging so much", and now with the recent upgrade to jellybean 4.11 it connects very fast!

Alan...
Sent with Tapatalk 2

Tarpit_Carnivore

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
When you're running the mobile hotspot app does it say "allow all devices"? If yes, do you have it plugged into your computer while you're trying to use it? I noticed that as soon as I plug my phone in with USB to my computer the hotspot stops working.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000