My phones over heats?

Krnmc

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I read on the forums that the S3 does heat up a bit, and it geta "uncomfortable" to hold without a case on but i can feel it still even with a case on. And my 3g connection lag/slow like no other. Is that enough reason for a replacement phone through verizon?

Just curious.

Thanks =)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

mesocyclonic

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
How warm does it get temperture wise and how long do you have it on for that time frame?

Also, what are you doing when the phone is hot? Do you have the GPS on? Are you in a low signal area? If you're using a lot of hardware (data, GPS, CPU for apps), you are going to use a lot of battery power and therefore generate a lot of heat-there's no getting around that. If your phone has to hold a weak connection, it needs more energy and that can also add to the heat generated.

Krnmc

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Uhh not sure how hot it gets because i dnt know how to check. And i always have my gps and everything else turned off. And i dnt think i live in a low signal area. I live in Orange county Ca next to LA so i have 4g majority of times but even when i have 2 bars i 4g my phone gets prettu warm.

Maybe im just crazy ha i havent had an android phone in a while.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
As far as telling how hot the phone is getting you can install the Battery Bomb Widget from the playstore, add the widget to one of your home screen.
Once you open the widget it shows temperature in both C and F
8b379e1a-a1cd-6a7e.jpg

sent by my Galaxy S3

Last edited:

Krnmc

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
This is what iys at when nothing is running on the back and at 4G is it normal,.?

MARQUISMARC

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Davidnc, not to get off topic, but where can I find the wallpaper you are using? That is exactly what I have been searching for. Thanks in advance

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Mine gets really hot only when I take it in the sauna at the gym.... :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

ucsdstoodent

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
That's not too bad. ive seen mine go as high as 109.6F, issue being low signal in my residential area. damn these dead zones, 4g is nonexistent and voice sucks too, sitting at about -100~-120dBm. Quarter miles out, i have a steady voice/3g/4g connection... Coming from an Iphone, radio really does suck (comparatively) on the GS3. Though, in areas with high signals, I have no issues.

Krnmc

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Away okay sounds good. Just a off topic question does your phone (anyone else's) phone sometime experience "lag" on 4G?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Davidnc, not to get off topic, but where can I find the wallpaper you are using? That is exactly what I have been searching for. Thanks in advance

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

It was off zedge, here it is tho :)
8b379e1a-7d91-7e7d.jpg

Back on topic as far a temperture goes Im sure not every phone runs at exactly the same temperture.I would be concerned tho if my phone would get say above 115 F .I think when it gets 120 F for a certain amount of time a sensor shuts the phone down to keep from damaging the phone

sent by my Galaxy S3

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae