GS3 notification sounds not loud enough

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has complaints about the GS3 audible sounds - mostly notifications - are to quiet? Even sitting next to me on my desk, the notifications are just beyond barely audible. Checking in here to try to determine if it's my phone or "just the way it is."

If this is an all around GS3 thing, is there anything can be done like an app? I can't seem to find an adjustment in the phone software and I looked in accessibility as well.

Thanks,

SaSqUaDgE

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
If you go to Settings > Sounds > Volume there are 4 settings in there make sure the notifications volume is all the way up. My phone was super quite for awhile and I went in there saw it was on a lower settings and now its super loud. Hope this helps.

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Could be the sounds too.. I find the default ringers and alarms to all be too low to me. I've always used my own custom sounds and alarms.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
If you go to Settings > Sounds > Volume there are 4 settings in there make sure the notifications volume is all the way up. My phone was super quite for awhile and I went in there saw it was on a lower settings and now its super loud. Hope this helps.

Sorry, should have mentioned I'd already done this, all are at full volume.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Could be the sounds too.. I find the default ringers and alarms to all be too low to me. I've always used my own custom sounds and alarms.

I have added my own, I always do but it's not usually a first priority -- it was this time. The GS3's are way to soft/low for me and there were no real phone ringer type sounds either. I don't normally use them, just surprised there weren't any. This is a phone, it's supposed to get your attention from a reasonable distance. Seriously? Nature sounds only???

dj hidroid

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Going to give that a shot, thanks!

UPDATE: Gingerbread only phones. Bummer.

I've used volume+ on 3 my Galaxy Nexus, Razr Maxx and now my GS3 and they all work on ICS. Here is a link to the app on the play store.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...mNvbS5URVNULmFuZHJvaWQubHZoIl0&token=hB3jZMMS.

I've only used the paid version but it is well worth the money. The free version only works with Gingerbread but the paid version works fine with ICS and they are working on Jelly bean compatibility.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
The free version actually works! But I'm going to buy the paid version. Thanks for your help!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

dj hidroid

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
The free version actually works! But I'm going to buy the paid version. Thanks for your help!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

No problem glad I could help out. Oh btw in my experience its best just to enable speaker mods and start at +2 or +3 if you go too high you could blow your speakers but that would be somewhere in +9 or higher. I use the eq feature alone especially since the Gs3 has eq settings built in for music playback.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I've used volume+ on 3 my Galaxy Nexus, Razr Maxx and now my GS3 and they all work on ICS. Here is a link to the app on the play store.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...mNvbS5URVNULmFuZHJvaWQubHZoIl0&token=2NnmMOqO.

I've only used the paid version but it is well worth the money. The free version only works with Gingerbread but the paid version works fine with ICS and they are working on Jelly bean compatibility.

Just wanted to thank you again, this app is AWESOME! Has made all the difference in the world for me!

deputydog95

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I just started another thread before seeing this one. I'm having the same issue. I'll give this app a try, but can you adjust individual things like the media or speaker phone versus making everything really loud. My only issue is that netflix is super quiet and the speakerphone in the car, at speed, is not loud enough.

deputydog95

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
How then? I put the paid on my phone. It looks like you can boost the volume, but only the overall volume. Which means by notifications will be obnoxious. I'm just trying to get more volume out of the media player. Way too quiet even on full volume.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Strange...I've actually been surprised at just how much louder the notifications are than on my old Thunderbolt...but I actually prefer to keep my notifications sounds subtle and quiet.

roguewarrior 1

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys,
I'm thinking of getting a new SG3. (I've had an iPhone 3gs for 3 yrs). I found your thread because I am looking to get a few answers before switching to the SG3. First, I need to know if you can set the alarm sound to a standard "warning" type sound? (it's a standard one on the iPhone). Second, can you change or set the text msg notification sounds? One of my biggest complaints about the iphone is that you can't add custom alarm sounds, calendar event sounds or text msg sounds. The absolute worst thing about my iphone is that when you set a calendar event, such as a meeting time or something important, it does NOT get your attention at all. All the iphone does is a little, small, single chirp sound. I've missed meeting times because of this. Can you set a LOUD, repeating sound to calendar events on the SG3? I did see that you said that you can add an app to increase the sounds on the SG3. My final question, is the SG3 loud enough to hear when you are talking on it as a phone? The iphone is hard to hear the person on the other end, even with the volume setting all the way up. Also, do any of you sync your contacts and calendars from your SG3 to a mac computer through google sync? Does it work o.k.? I don't care about syncing email, just contacts and calendars bi-directionally. Thanks in advance for your advice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12