Android backup to gmail account?

oldAGE

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
OK... Now that there are a myriad of phone system backup embedded in the Android Operating System and all the additional garbage added by carriers... this simple question.

I have Settings->Back Up and reset-> set to my gmail account....

Where the heck is this directory structure stored on my gmail account? I at least want to verify that it's out there and incremental changes are being captured. Does this need to be such a bloody mystery?

oldAGE

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Good I love Google... almost as much as I love Apple. So...

So far, I can find no one who can tell me anything about the file system and location of files. This is typical. I did stumble across the Google Dashboard function. It's so intuitive :confused: that even a three year old can do it.

Open your Gmail account. In the upper right hand corner is your Google+ id. Choose the down arrow and in the dialog block, choose the word ACCOUNT. From there, the navigation bar on the left has a list... choose PRODUCTS. Up comes a bunch of label buttons. Choose Dashboard. Within Dashboard, there one will find all their Android Devices listed. Choose MORE DATA ABOUT THIS DEVICE and you will see the file systems and backup timestamps associated with the basic service. How simple!!!

Of course, now that you know this, you now log onto your gmail account and then in the address bar you simply type www.google.com/dashboard and viola... you're there.

I don't know about you cats but I searched both Goggle and all over Google to find "android device back up" and couldn't find this information anywhere. Now if only I could keep the iCloud pile of garbage straight too.

Really..... it does not need to be this complicated.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Edgard,
Why do you need to backup anything from your Gmail account? All of that information is saved on Google's servers. If your phone goes for a swim or gets run over by a truck, when you login to your Gmail account on the replacement phone all of your Gmail will still be there.
What are you trying to accomplish?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

Velenoso

Nov 11, 2018
Visit site
You haven't told us which device you own but I'm guess you have a google field in your setting, so if you have set back up in google it should be here

g6.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz