Calendar reminders still not working

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I dont see where in my phone to name the default calendar. Where is it?

Sorry I use business calendar app, just press the setting button, then click under your Gmail name, make sure the new name is checked off in the box.
Now when you create an event, click at the top where it says what account it is and should drop down with options and go ahead and click the new name

Sent from my phone that has no eye

Astronaut77

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I had the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy Note II, after you make sure that you are using the default calender, I found out that if I changed the "Lock time zone" option in the calender settings, the alert will go off, and of course in "Event notification" you need to make sure that "Set alerts & notifications" is set to "Alert" not "status bar notification" or "Off", one more thing, I used to use "google calender" and sometimes it is not going off (maybe because it is not syncing properly) , but when I used "My Calender" it worked fine. So it is about the timing option in calender settings.

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
well, it didn't help me. still have the same issue with reminders not working right.:(

Sorry this didn't work, if you want I could try to walk you through it by phone just to make sure you're not missing anything.

Also I tried the time zone trick and nothing changed for me prior to these steps

Sent from my phone that has no eye

Sunchez

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I hope my experience will help somebody...
Some time ago I tried to solve the problem of calendar notifications not working properly/irregularly, but I gave up without any clue. Quite recently, I was thinking about it again, did some experiments a finally found the root cause (at least for my case): notifications didn't go off, when I manually cleared RAM using task manager. When I one ran standard Calendar app then, notification started to work OK again. Obviously, purging RAM ended some backgroud calendar service that was not restarted automatically (however, it's also possible that this service can be ended by the system itself in some specific cases).
The solution for me so far is to not clear RAM or to run original Android Calendar app after clearing RAM.

Tom Schrader

Oct 7, 2017
Visit site
That's seriously messed up. I have the same problem with my galaxy sj, except I try to set my reminders for the day-of at 330pm, when I get off work. No matter what I try they Always reset themselves to 1130 night before! I just got this piece of samsung garbage when my windows phone got smashed. I seriously miss my wp, it may have not been supported by many apps but at least it did the job I paid for it to do. Any way I can get around this without switching my phone, carrier, and writing colorful reviews on everyone involved???? I just want my things to work properly. I missed so many bill payments and friends birthdays already it's not freaking funny I am so done with worthless android

Last edited by a moderator:

muratakkuyu

May 5, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I had the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy Note II, after you make sure that you are using the default calender, I found out that if I changed the "Lock time zone" option in the calender settings, the alert will go off, and of course in "Event notification" you need to make sure that "Set alerts & notifications" is set to "Alert" not "status bar notification" or "Off", one more thing, I used to use "google calender" and sometimes it is not going off (maybe because it is not syncing properly) , but when I used "My Calender" it worked fine.

Many thanks, really.