What is this icon next to my text messages??

lopezj760

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
There's a little x icon next to the name, it only happens to some text messages not all conversations have it, only certain ones. Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

KurtM88

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I think that means failed to send, touch it and you should get option to resend

lopezj760

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the quick response, but every time I touch it, it opens the text message, and the other person receives everything I sent them.

sparesr4sissies

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I've had this problem with my Galaxy S3 and my Fascinate in weak signal areas. The phone thinks it failed to send, while the message actually did make it out.

Graphixx30

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
If you have that person as a contact in Google Talk its letting you know that they are not available. If it is a green dot they are available and a orange dot means they are idle/away. It's handy if you are on a limited texting plan ... you can send your message via Google Talk instead.

Reactions: lopezj760

lopezj760

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
If you have that person as a contact in Google Talk its letting you know that they are not available. If it is a green dot they are available and a orange dot means they are idle/away. It's handy if you are on a limited texting plan ... you can send your message via Google Talk instead.

Yes that's what it was, for me it was tango, I had that person log onto tango andnlooked and it turned green. Thanks

lopezj760

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
So my next question, is there a way to remove this from there? Do I have to unlink the tango contacts?

ryangur

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Go into settings, to accounts, and click on tango.. and then hit unsync, Id remove it totally, and say no if it asks to integrate.

cindy bailey

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I have a contact today that has a orange clock beside name under Google talk and a green dot under my factory text messaging. They have always been the same color for both Google talk and messaging. What does that mean?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza