Has anyone else purchased this adaptor and had no success getting it to output to a TV. I've searched the forum, but there isn't much on it aside from comments about lag, etc.. I've tried it on a 4 year old sharp lcd tv and on my 2 year old Samsung plasma and all i get is a black screen. Does anyone who has this adapter know if there is any setting or switch on the phone? Does the tv have to have this "anynet" option? Any ideas would be appreciated.
    08-15-2012 08:12 AM
    did you get the s3 specific one or a generic mhl? Where did you buy it from, please provide a link.
    08-15-2012 12:20 PM
    I purchased the S3 Specific (Samsung SIII) version on Ebay. Retail packaging.
    08-15-2012 08:55 PM
    I just received mine from VZW last night and it works fine on my Panasonic TV from a few years ago.

You are plugging a USB charger into the dongle, correct?

-Suntan
    08-16-2012 07:51 AM
    I just received mine from VZW last night and it works fine on my Panasonic TV from a few years ago.

-Suntan
    I tried it with the charger plugged in and without. All you did was plug in the adaptor, the charger into the adapter and into your TV? No settings changes? Maybe I got a faulty adapter.
    08-16-2012 07:57 AM
    I tried it with the charger plugged in and without. All you did was plug in the adaptor, the charger into the adapter and into your TV? No settings changes? Maybe I got a faulty adapter.
    Yup. Plugged the adaptor into the phone, a USB charger into the adaptor and then the HDMI into the adaptor. A moment later the phone screen popped up on the TV.

Are you sure you switched the TV to the right input?

-Suntan
    08-16-2012 09:15 AM
    Now I feel pretty stupid, but I wouldn't have thought a fairly new Big brand HDMI cable would be faulty!!! I found an old super cheapy cable and its worked perfectly without a glitch. Sorry for the posts and thanks for the replies. I tried a game which would have been perfect if I had a separate controller and Netflix seemed ok, but a bit pixelated.
    08-16-2012 11:34 AM
    The HDMI connector is a notoriously crappy design. It doesn't suprise me at all.

-Suntan
    08-16-2012 11:53 AM

-Suntan
    Does usb otg work with the mhl? I know that it is supposed to, just haven't read of anyone using it.
    08-16-2012 05:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD