jelly bean release for verizon S3

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
There is none for Verizon. International versions are rumored near the end of the month but US carriers are ALWAYS significantly later than the non-branded international ones.

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Yeah vzw has not even released jb for the nexus. They have to bloat it up and lock it down first.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

lesorkim

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I've got a Android Basics class at VZW on the 25th. I'll tell them to call someone and tell them to hurry up. That ought to handle it! :D

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
What's wrong with ICS?
Or does everyone want the latest and (maybe) greatest thing?

If you think ICS is smooth, JB will knock your socks off. Also I'm finding google now to be extremely useful.

Google now actually learns of your habits and automatically pops up on your phone to help provide you with information. Examples would be your commute time to and from work has been pretty spot on so far for me. The best part is you don't even have to summon it, after a while it just comes on by itself on your notification bar once it learns of your habits.

dj hidroid

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah vzw has not even released jb for the nexus. They have to bloat it up and lock it down first.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I ditched my Gnex because of the lack of support for the phone. I waited a few months for 4.0.4 and was happy with it till it started causing loss of screen sensitivity. I received 2 replacements that had the same problem but I guess I'm unlucky with phones as my GS3 is still at Samsung getting fixed. I think that we might actually see updates faster on the GS3 because it is truly a flagship phone. If only Samsung had the same carrier control with updates that Apple does. I'm holding on to my GS3 for a while once it returns and while it's fast and fluid with ICS JB and project butter will make this phone perfect. I even love the S-voice feature and with the addition of Google now GS3 owners will have 2 options for voice commands and that will be the sweetness.

liteon163

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
I'll wait to see what Jelly Bean is like on my SGS3 before I decide whether or not to root and drop CM10 or some such on it. I'll probably end up rooting anyway, but I want to see the official JB OTA first.

I'm guessing, though, that a custom ROM will work better on this phone than JB and TouchWiz. I don't use any Samsung apps, so I'd rather have a lighter ROM.

Sent from my Blue 32 Verizon SGSIII using Tapatalk 2

radar320

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Same here. Maybe even battery life.

Battery life for me has been pretty good. I spent 3 days in an area where it was constantly bouncing back and forth between 3g and 4g. Each day took it off the charger at around 5:30 in the morning and with moderate to heavy use, when I got back home at 9pm I still had around 40 - 45% left on the battery.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
My battery life has been awesome too. Better than the Gnex I had before it by a long shot. I took it off the charger before bed last night and restarted it this morning and maybe for 10min had it plugged into USB and Im still sitting at 61%

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza