S3 screen cracked numbers?

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering how many there have been sold and how many people have cracked screens that have not dropped them. I am seriously debating whether I should keep this phone or not. What is everyone's thoughts or suggestions?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
So basically you want to potentially get rid of a phone for something that may or may not happen to you? If you're that concerned just get a good case.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
If your worried get a good case. If that doesn't calm your nerves, get rid of the phone, and get something more durable. Something that doesn't have a large glass screen, like a flip phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I have owned other large screen phones and I don't think these people are saying that there phones are being dropped. It seems the the screen just randomly cracks. A case does not help that.

Yeag3r

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Here's what I believe the problem to be. This phone is noticeably longer than most people's previous phones. Something as innocent and simple as getting out of a car with jeans on can put a lot of stress on the phone that is realized and could easily put a small stress crack on the phone. I'm coming from a Thunderbolt and I notice the difference.

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Shouldn't the nexus also had screen break issue then? and also the note?

True..... But.... The nexus is slightly smaller and the note (Imo) isn't being carried in pockets as much.
I used to put my dinc in my back pocket and sit down with just a tpu case on it, I would never do that with the s3 cause I am scared of the flex cracking the screen.

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if it more of a gorilla glass 2 issue. I I have a small fracture just below the front camera lens. No drops in a case since day one. At first I thought it was a scratch so I ran my finger nail over it at first no feeling. A week later it became a tad longer and now I can feel it with my nail. No drops at all and it's not even on the edge of the glass

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

kmr296

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
i might be the one the guy was talking about - trip to best buy in the car and my screen cracked. Not sure how it happened but as explained it's longer so might get some stress in your pocket.

Got another s3 and got the otterbox defender series case for it - it's a little bulky but really adds a set to the phone. Got mine like $30 bucks @ newegg - 20 cheaper than otterbox site. Bet buy didn't have them in stock at my store.

The phones tough - just long

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
i might be the one the guy was talking about - trip to best buy in the car and my screen cracked. Not sure how it happened but as explained it's longer so might get some stress in your pocket.

Got another s3 and got the otterbox defender series case for it - it's a little bulky but really adds a set to the phone. Got mine like $30 bucks @ newegg - 20 cheaper than otterbox site. Bet buy didn't have them in stock at my store.

The phones tough - just long

Did u have to do an insurance claim on it?

The_PLBs

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed a crack in my screen last night. A small hairline on the lower left corner about 2" long going from the bottom to the side. I didn't drop it, looks to be like a stress fracture.

kmr296

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Did u have to do an insurance claim on it?

Yup - ebay what a screen costs - its like $250 - $100 insurance claim was a no brainer. The good news was because they're so new not many people have broke them yet so the replacement I got was brand new in box and came with extra battery, headphones, and charger. Not sure if they've built up re-furb stock yet.

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Gorilla glass is very brittle. That's how it's scratch resistant. And being thin don't help. I dropped my oG Droid 1 foot and it shattered, screen was completely unreadable but worked.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ananui