Disappearing keypad during voicemail call

vab05

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
First of all, I apologize if this topic has been address already on another thread. I am not only new to my first Smartphone ever, but this is also the first Forum I have ever signed up for, so I am new to everything.

I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 (Verizon) on 4.0.4. When I call to retrieve my voicemails and hit the show keypad button, the minute to try to enter my password the screen goes black and returns once I let my finger off of the screen, but then goes black again when I try to enter a number.

Is this a known bug or am I doing something wrong?

radar320

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
the other way to fix this is to press the phone icon to bring up the dialer. Next hit the menu key and go to call settings. Scroll down to voicemail settings. This will bring up a box with the *86. After the *86 place one or two commas, then type in your passcode. After doing this, the next time you have the voice mail icon in the notification bar, swipe the notification area to get the drop down box and hit the voicemail notification and then it will dial the voicemail number. The commas put in a pause and then it sends your passcode.

zeteo

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I had this bad on the device I returned. Today was the first day it has happend on my new SGS3. It is frustrating. It seems like even a shadow hitting the proximity sensor shuts off the screen. Is there any where to adjust the sensitivity?

LVS18

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Whether I'm listening to a voicemail or just trying to call my bank, my keypad won't stay up so I can push the buttons on the prompts. Any suggestions?

deb baur

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Just got this phone and I have the disappearing keyboard problem while accessing voicemail. Cannot findthemenu button after pressing the phone icon and cannot find proximity sensor. Someone please help before I go crazy!

Lllamaman

Aug 14, 2019
Visit site
Is this a known bug or am I doing something wrong?

Maybe. Try using the keypad with one finger pointed, instead of an open hand.

If you look closely at the phone, on the screen side there are two dots to the right of the Samsung logo. Those are the proximity sensor. If any part of your hand gets too close to those while you are using the keypad, it will think your face is close by.

My partner was using an open hand to push the keypad buttons; her middle and ring finger would sometimes get close to the proximity sensor and shut off the screen. Using a pointed finger solves this problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1