Problem changing ringtone for native Calendar app

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm using Nova Launcher Prime and still use the Touchwiz Calendar app since I really like the looks of it. I downloaded some ringtones to use and put them in the notifications folder on the phone. My problem is everytime I change the ringtone for the alert to what I want, it defaults back to the On Time notification ringtone. I choose my ringtone which shows up on the list of choices, then press ok and if I exit the calendar app, when I return to settings, it's back to the default On Time ringtone. Anybody know how to change this?
I go to Calendar>Settings>Select ringtone and choose the one I want and press ok. Why does it always default to the same alert ringtone? I don't like it at all and can barely hear it.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for replying cmslick3. Yes very frustrating, surprised how limiting that is. I really don't care for a lot of the notification sounds and not very loud either. I love this phone, but I use the calendar a lot for appointments and want to be alerted when the phone is in my pocket, barely hear it. Otherwise have no problems with the sound being loud.
I tried to download Tone Picker app, but it didn't do what I needed. Maybe someone will come up with a workaround or something, but from your reply, I doubt it.

Principal Skinner

May 22, 2010
Visit site
The only solution to adding customized ringtones to calendar is to use a third party app such as Business Calendar.

I like many of the features of business calendar and used it for a long time, but I have reverted back to the native app, even though it has limitations because I do like some of its features, especially the font and layout.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Can you do that in the Free app of Business Calendar? I use to use Jorte on my Droid X, never updated it, because of all the problems with the updates, but it worked fine. Also was looking at Calengoo, but both business calendar and Calengoo cost some money. The thing I like about the native calendar app is that it's big and easy to read. Alot of the Calendar widgets have the clear or the Transparant look. I need something with Contrast, that's easy to read and that can change the notifications. I'll see if the Business Calendar Free app works, hate to spend the money unless I'm sure I like it. Have to check Calengoo also. Thanks for the tip principalskinner!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz