Stop GS3 from talking to me

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
For some reason my phone has started talking to me. When I open a folder it says 'folder is open' when I close a folder it says 'folder is closed.' I have checked the accessibility options and this talking to me thing is not enabled. Does anyone know how to make it stop?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

kcalmol

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Go into app manager, all, and disable both Google and Samsung text to speech. It's a bug that occurs when you have another app, NoLed in my case, under accessibility.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: ShaggyKids

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Okay I screwed this up. I was reading your post on my nexus 7 and without thinking went into the apps manager and disabled Google text to speech. Now it's gone off the list and I don't know how to get back. I'm afraid to try it on my phone until I know how to get it back.

Also if I do this will Google Now and other text to speech apps still work?

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Okay I screwed this up. I was reading your post on my nexus 7 and without thinking went into the apps manager and disabled Google text to speech. Now it's gone off the list and I don't know how to get back. I'm afraid to try it on my phone until I know how to get it back.

Also if I do this will Google Now and other text to speech apps still work?

Disabled apps get moved to the bottom of the app list. Scroll down and it will be there.

Sent from my Nexus 7

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I bet cnlson is correct....my mom had this problem with hers and I finally figured out the driving mode had been accidentally toggled as she learned her way around the phone.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Go into app manager, all, and disable both Google and Samsung text to speech. It's a bug that occurs when you have another app, NoLed in my case, under accessibility.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Found thes and disabled them. Tested and the problem seems to be gone. Re-enabled them, tested, problem still seems to be solved. I :) Thank you for your help.

Nooblet

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I have this same issue but I think I diagnosed it differently. I have an app called "Missed Message Flasher free" that I had just enabled under Accessibility settings. When it is enabled the GS has voice output such as "folder open" but has no voice output when I disable "Missed Message Flasher". I really need that app enabled. Any ideas how to get around this? Sounds like a bug in the OS. I used this same app on my Droid Charge without any problems.

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue when i enabled the app missed it. for the notification badges to work it needs to be enabled in Accessibility - which is fine if your using a 3rd party launcher but back on touchwiz it will give you the "folder open/closed" routine. Simply go into Accessibility and uncheck the app enabled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz