SD Card Issues

Kamen

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone found issues with their external SD Card mounting and unmounting on its own? On my wifes S3 it does it all the time which causes issues for custom ringtones that she has set for people as they are stored on her external card. When it unmounts it sets all the custom choices back to use the default ringtone and when it mounts again she has to go in and reset everyone back to how she had it. We are on the verge of exchanging it for a new one since we have only had it for a few weeks now, but I wanted to see if others saw this happening first.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Not here. I literally just took the 32GB card out of my Thunderbolt and popped it into my S3 and have been using it with no problems at all.

Have you tried
1. removing and reseating the card, to make sure it's inserted correctly?
2. tried a different card to make sure it's not a faulty SD card?

Kind of hard to rule out that it is specifically an issue with the phone itself until you do that.

dj hidroid

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
No issues with an old 16gb card that i used to have in my Evo 3d. The only files that were corrupted were the 3d images on the card. I'm grabbing a 32 or maybe even a 64gb card in the near future though. Not to hijack your thread but does anyone know which class of micro sd works the best with the S3?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
As Pete noted, you can't narrow this down to the phone until you've eliminated the SDcard. Why not swap cards with your wife? If the problem follows her SDcard then you pitch it and like any good husband would, you buy a nice, new 64GB card and give her your old one :)
If the problem stays with her phone then get that baby replaced ASAP.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2