Text Messaging Failed Notifications

Gunnyh

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Strange Issue with my S3. When I send messages I am receiving "Failed" notif.

The person I send it to does receive the message as I get replies. This is semi intermittent. I called for Verizon suppoert, they had me reset the sim card. Problem went away but returned. Talked with their tech support and their answer was to do a factory reset. I did and issue went away only to return. Very strange.My messages are getting out but my S3 is advsing they didn't.

Anyone else with this issue?

Any help would be appreciated!

Gunny

ksace

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Odd, I have had the same thing happen twice in the last couple of days. But I have an HOX and I am using go sms pro

sparesr4sissies

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I occasionally have this problem when I'm in weak signal areas. It's as if the message does make it out, but my phone doesn't get the confirmation from the tower.

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue and also had the copy/cut issue so I did a factory reset. Hasn't come back but I wouldn't be shocked if it did.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Gunnyh

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Sure wish I could narrwo this down as it is a bit annoying. Don't know if message was received and really don't want to resend if it was.

AndyOrmsby

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I have this problem with one specific contact and no other. Always says 'failed', in red, when I send her a message, but the message is always received. I have been searching the forums for months but never found a sensible answer.
The only other occurrence of the problem is if I send a message to myself.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Are you using the stock Messaging app? Are the failed notifications occurring with SMS or MMS or both? Is there a particular contact that this happens with? If so, is that contact an iPhone user? Or on a different carrier? Finally, you could try checking the two checkboxes shown below and see if it provides you with any additional information (these are found by selecting Menu -> Settings in the stock Messaging app):uploadfromtaptalk1350336447277.jpgSent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

mabednarek

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
My s3 has the same problem. My previous device from 2 months ago (Fascinate) had the same problem.

VZ has every excuse/resolution in the book. App conflict, numerous resets, device replacement, etc. Everything EXCEPT the network.

Have an ongoing trouble ticket for a few months now. Very annoying.

Strange Issue with my S3. When I send messages I am receiving "Failed" notif.

The person I send it to does receive the message as I get replies. This is semi intermittent. I called for Verizon suppoert, they had me reset the sim card. Problem went away but returned. Talked with their tech support and their answer was to do a factory reset. I did and issue went away only to return. Very strange.My messages are getting out but my S3 is advsing they didn't.

Anyone else with this issue?

Any help would be appreciated!

Gunny

satoritree

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone.

I have a samsung galaxy W and it has the same problem. For my phone it seems a firmware update to 2.3.6 is the solution either through Kies (if it works) or SamMobile Firmware Page which I think is through Odin. Not that I have tried either or know how to upgrade through Odin. Just passing on what I know.

My solution has been to deactive data network mode by pressing the power button and pressing the relevant link. I had figured that the SMS was competing with the Data signal with a default to Data hence the difficulty of sending text until the phone realised what I was trying to do. Turning of data network deactivates packet data and effectiviely turns off reception of 3G or HDSA signal and hence only leaving 2G. I don't mind doing this for the time being.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
My Evo would do that using GO SMS, but my S3 hasn't done it yet. I think it's when you're in a bad reception area....Lord knows my Evo signal got bad before it expired.

dizwod

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
This happened to me as soon as I installed Jellybean. Only way I got around it was by installing go SMS pro, and stopping notifications to the stock messaging app. Recently sms pro ballsed up on me and i have 37 failed messages even though they went through... its pretty piss poor to be honest.

messages also fail in sms pro but I dont get the constant notification telling me so

Stephanielynne0710

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I have this problem with one specific contact and no other. Always says 'failed', in red, when I send her a message, but the message is always received. I have been searching the forums for months but never found a sensible answer.
The only other occurrence of the problem is if I send a message to myself.

Same happened to me, do you have a solution?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You don't say if one of those solutions fixed your problem - if so, which solution did you use?
BTW, thanks for the link - there were some interesting issues addressed.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

thornesone

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I have had the same thing happen to my S3, it seems to only happen when I text a person who owns an IPhone 4.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34