Was there an update to this phone and I missed it

tmax1964

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I noticed the other day in my stock text messages that the threads I have contact names have turned from white to blue??
Im not rooted dont have any other text messaging apps on my phone other than what came on the phone.. DId we get an update?? has anyone noticed this

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I noticed the other day in my stock text messages that the threads I have contact names have turned from white to blue??
Im not rooted dont have any other text messaging apps on my phone other than what came on the phone.. DId we get an update?? has anyone noticed this

Interesting lol. Mine have always been white, at least I am pretty sure. Could you possibly screen shot with like a test or something?

Graphixx30

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
There is a bug with the phone where if you have any emergency messages in your text message list it will cause the other messages to be blue. Delete the emergency message and restart your messaging app it should be fixed.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I had received a few emergency text messages in regards to Hurricane Issac - my text messages (names) turned blue after I received them. I deleted the emergency text but the blue remained until I deleted the blue names texts. No issues since.

tmax1964

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
There is a bug with the phone where if you have any emergency messages in your text message list it will cause the other messages to be blue. Delete the emergency message and restart your messaging app it should be fixed.

Yes I did recieve that same alert. due to hurricane issac.. I deleted the alert then went into application manager forcestopped the messaging app and cleared cache, everything went back to normal.. wierd strange how an emergency alert would effect that

rockhopperGS3

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
You probly changed something by accident. Open your message service and hit the manual setting button on bottom left of phone and go to settings, the top(first) one allows you to change the color and style of your messages.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995