80315 Error on S3 trying to reinstall yahoo mail acct

daso

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
This morning all my email accounts were working fine on my S3 (corp, yahoo and gmail). I decided to go to myVZW and delete the backup assistant plus feature as some had mentioned so that my phone would stop trying to back up files to VZW's backup assistant plus. I removed email backup and cloud backup, then exited. A few minutes later, I noticed that my yahoo email acct had no emails in it. I tried a few times and nothing. So I tried to delete the yahoo acct and reinstall and the phone would not let me saying invalid user. I then went back to VZW and reinstated email backup (not cloud backup for other files) and the account then allowed me to delete it, but now when I try to add my yahoo account back into the app it keeps giving me the error "80315: the username or password you have entered is incorrect" although the username and password are definitely correct. Anyone have an idea what's going on here??

daso

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Follow up: I just tried adding my yahoo mail without picking (Yahoo) as a choice and just using "Other" and it works. Weird