Caller ID App Recommendation

sparkomatic

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tried some of the third party apps with Caller ID and their S3 on Verizon?

I was looking at Current Caller ID but says Caller ID is delayed with Verizon & Sprint.

Not that I really need all that info anyway. I'd just like to see city/state info on incoming calls in addition to the normal screen.

Also checked out apps that announce the caller but not sure which ones work well with the S3.

It's Friday...counting down the minutes...app shopping...not that I really need an app like this...haha

pstellato73

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm using who are you. It's nothing fancy but it's tied to you mail if you ever used that. I use Google voice now but it still works pretty good. Even callers who come up unknown, it will track down where the phone number is from, but not who it is.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Bbeelzebub

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the City ID knock off that the guy who made got sued by the company that makes City ID.

It basically brings up the location of the caller in a discreet white text just above the accept or reject options.

It's called "Caller ID" and has been pulled from the market, but is all over the net.

Reactions: sparkomatic

sparkomatic

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! Just what I was looking for and easy to find out there on the net.

Current Caller ID was okay & the stats were somewhat fun to look at but way more than I wanted. Kinda interfered with the default calling screens too.

Oh, for anyone interested in that app, I never got the delay with Caller ID that the app mentions is possible with Verizon.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Sad how years ago caller id on landlines cost money and now today is just an added feature. The cell companies want you to pay for the service like its still the 1990s lol. Kinda like a step backwards.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey