Battery draining at an alarming rate....

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Cell Standby is a known bug it exagerates what it acutal uses. It isnt draining the battry just displaying it wrong. Battery life should get better after a few days.

What is you screen time on? Time wise

Heres the screen time took this 15 mins ago

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Funkpod

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Hey, i read at on another thread that 1weather was a battery killer as well.

I deleted it and i think i am seeing some noticeable difference...

drews66

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey, i read at on another thread that 1weather was a battery killer as well.

I deleted it and i think i am seeing some noticeable difference...

There was an issue with it causing wakelocks etc. I am testing a new build now that seems to have fixed the app from keeping the phone awake all the time. After a couple days of testing hopefully we will see the fixed version in the play store.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Cell Standby is a known bug it exagerates what it acutal uses. It isnt draining the battry just displaying it wrong. Battery life should get better after a few days.

What is you screen time on? Time wise

Yeah, I doubt that's your battery drain cause... it's normal for that to always be listed there.

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I have doubled my Battery life to 48 hours by just turning off the GPS :( What's up with that?? I never turned off my GPS once with my Bolt & never thought it was an issue. I also don't have Sync turned on. If I leave GPS on my Battery barely makes it 24 hours :( Google Maps was waking it constantly ..... why is that?

Cheers, Jon

Last edited:

tony477g

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Here's mine. I barely used it today! From 6-1 and it's about to die
Screenshot_2012-09-07-13-36-44.png
Screenshot_2012-09-07-13-36-44.png
any ideas? It says used by cell radio. Also I keep the light brightness all the way down

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Here is my screen shot from about 20 minutes ago. I even have the GPS on all day :)

Hope this helps ..... maps hasn't been listed since tuirning off the GPS. I thought after replacing the battery last night & changing the flip-clock, I would check the battery issue. I( think my battery was drainging from a Go Weather/Clock Widget. Don't know how to post image that shows instead of a link .... :(
http://www.jonsmithers.com/postedimages/Screenshot_2012-09-07-17-11-31.png

Sailmaker

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
My battery was draining like a sieve; I read somewhere that doing a factory reset would fix the problem, but was reluctant to do that since I'd have to load all the programs back on and reconfigure my screens. After turning off all the various things mentioned in a few posts, the battery continued to drain. Sooo, I bit the bullet and did a factory reset...much to my surprise, that fixed the battery drain issue. CELL STANDBY went from 48% to 21%. After 5 hours battery is at 60% with screen brightness set @ 30%. Dimming it to 15% would undoubtedly help even more. FWIW :D

Last edited:

drews66

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Here is my screen shot from about 20 minutes ago. I even have the GPS on all day :)

Hope this helps ..... maps hasn't been listed since tuirning off the GPS. I thought after replacing the battery last night & changing the flip-clock, I would check the battery issue. I( think my battery was drainging from a Go Weather/Clock Widget. Don't know how to post image that shows instead of a link .... :(
http://www.jonsmithers.com/postedimages/Screenshot_2012-09-07-17-11-31.png

21hrs and at 70% still that is with a stock battery no idea how you are getting that much wow. Do you even touch the phone lol.

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Of course your battery will be fine if you're on WIFI for 20 hours straight. Try the same thing with it off.

Thats not always the case im experiencing high "cell standby" percentages even on wifi and mobile data turned off. When i use 4G i still manage to get decent life out of the battery i'll take a screen shot later today.

anon(823957)

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Thats not always the case im experiencing high "cell standby" percentages even on wifi and mobile data turned off. When i use 4G i still manage to get decent life out of the battery i'll take a screen shot later today.

Yes but Cell Standby is what you should be seeing as the highest percentage if you're not using the phone. Its a poor system to display battery usage because even if you've only used 10% of your battery, it will display 60-70% for standby because that's the majority of the 10% battery usage. I'm saying that in combination with your phone working as it should, and being on WiFi, you will see awesome battery life. Even with your radios off, I would imagine that "standby" would be in effect as it is not actually using the radios, but waiting for use.

The issue that people are seeing here (myself included) is Android System eating up battery and it doesn't describe how. I'll see drops of 10% or higher per hour while not using my device at all. I'm convinced its either the separate Facebook Messaging app or the recent update that hit all Canadian SGIII devices.

RickG.

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
They have released an update to fix the battery draining issues.

Have you gotten this update? I checked and I have no updates available.
I have noticed Google maps accountable for almost 10 percent of my battery usage the last week out of nowhere. No new app to account for it. My battery isn't horrible but it seems weird.

tony477g

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
My battery sucked. Hopefully it was just the phone i had, getting the 32 gb model in a few days and hopefully the battery doesnt suck as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge