OK to use multiple "find lost phone" apps?

a-dogg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Currently I have seekdroid and AndroidLost active on my phone. Since I use Google Voice for my texts rather than the regular SMSs via my cell provider, I haven't been able to get the remote control via SMS working...which is fine, since those two programs allow me to locate my phone via their websites. Is there any detriment to having two "locator" programs operating simultaneously (like you can get with 2 anti-virus programs)? Also, I have Avast installed for antivirus and am thinking about setting up its anti-theft program, as well.

And then I'll duct-tape the phone to my hand and become a shut-in... I figure that should GUARANTEE I never lose my phone. Of course my mind is another matter... :)

Thanks!

wiscottsin

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I have multiple anti virus as well as lost phone apps running. I have not seen any adverse side effects, and can only see positives from doing so.
$@$

Sent from my SCH-I535

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, why do you need two phone locating apps?

Also you may want to look into the app Cerberus.. all commands are sent through their website to the device instead of sending via text message or email.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I have two because I lost my phone one and seekdroid couldn't find it even though I tested it not long before. One too many is better than one too few

Sent from my thumbs with no brain censorship

a-dogg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
My thoughts exactly -- I figure if one fails then there'll be a backup. And considering the ones I use (except for seekdroid) are free, I don't see a reason not to unless there was like some sort of random signal interference of something. I know on my laptop the antivirus programs can sometimes cause false positives when there are multiple running...sounds like that's not the case with the phone locator apps. Don't see why there would be, but wanted to ask...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae