[Verizon] "OFFICIAL" JellyBean Speculation

rockhopperGS3

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: Next update after HE is I535VRBLI3 which is 4.1.1 jelly bean :)

Ha ha, i heard begining of next year, but i am always hopeful. You should not get peoples hopes up without providing your source. So who is it?

miikeyroks#CB

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site

I have a friend who is a retention rep tell me that they are being told to advise customers that the update is coming before year end, but as we all know nothing is official until we see the change log pop up on Verizon's site :/

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

Jelly bean is coming next month verizon releases updates every month last month was G7
This month was HE & next month is LI3 jelly bean!!

The next update being Jelly Bean is somewhat probable...but "verizon releases updates every month" is NOT a true statement.

I've been through this song and dance long enough to know not to get my hopes up when I read stuff like "update by end of the month/quarter/year/etc". If an update hasn't been released yet, that means it hasn't passed QA yet...and there's no guarantee that any software iteration will pass QA, so it's impossible to say with any certainty when an update will be available until Verizon actually publishes and releases the update. I'm sure CS reps are given a default response to provide when asked about updates, but the fact is that most of the time they know about as much as we do...if not less.

I'm not trying to be negative or anything like that...but that is the reality of it. I always say that if getting timely updates are important to you, then the best advice is to buy a (non-Verizon) Nexus device. Otherwise you should always evaluate a device on what it can do now...not what it could do with newer software, because you never know when or if that will actually happen.

mesocyclonic

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site

I have a friend who is a retention rep tell me that they are being told to advise customers that the update is coming before year end, but as we all know nothing is official until we see the change log pop up on Verizon's site :/

As anyone who owned a Fascinate (or many other VZW phones) will tell you, believe it when you see it. VZW reps said the same thing ("Update next month!") for 6 months about the Froyo update on the Fascinate. At the end of the day, speculation from VZW reps are worth as much as speculation on a forum.

I wouldn't be surprised to see JB next month, though!

dillon24

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site

My sister has the Galaxy Nexus with JellyBean and says you can't use Foxfi with Jellybean

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site

My sister has the Galaxy Nexus with JellyBean and says you can't use Foxfi with Jellybean

I have read the Vzw gnex with JB works with foxfi. There is also an add-on for it also. The best install is foxfi.com/bin I believe.
Pdanet works also.

hockeymn25

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site

Will there be roms with verizons Jellybean? I am rooted and won't accept the update, so just hoping I can still get Jellybean and hopefully a better radio because the reception sucks on this phone.

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site

For sure. There are some mixed JB roms for Vzw now based off of others. When a leak shows up the development will be all over it.

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site

No, it's true. My brothers friends cousins grandmother said she knows a friend who has a cousin who's mothers sisters uncles friend works for Verizon and mentioned to their 2nd cousin that Verizon was gonna release it!!!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 on Verizon 12G

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

No, it's true. My brothers friends cousins grandmother said she knows a friend who has a cousin who's mothers sisters uncles friend works for Verizon and mentioned to their 2nd cousin that Verizon was gonna release it!!!
Now I know it's true! Thanks!!

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 on Verizon 12G

LOL...you beat me to it

Dizzo1992

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site

That would be nice ill believe it when it's on my phone.

The amazing galaxy s3 :D

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site

It really irritates me when people start posts like this then never return. If you are going to make comments like this, return with something to back up your statement.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

lbkiml

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site

Will there be roms with verizons Jellybean? I am rooted and won't accept the update, so just hoping I can still get Jellybean and hopefully a better radio because the reception sucks on this phone.

The only thing I'm hoping this update has. I can care less about anything else. It has to be some radio software update, not the physical radio itself.
Can't use my phone in the only two places I need it.. home and work.

It really irritates me when people start posts like this then never return. If you are going to make comments like this, return with something to back up your statement.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Agreed.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

I think he's just banking on the fact that we received a few minor updates/upgrades to the phone so far (LG1, LG7, HD, HE) since it's release date that we're due another one next month as well. As mentioned above... Verizon doesn't release updates every month but it's wishful thinking.

I personally think we will see it before the end of the year though but am in no rush, ICS works just fine for me. I could care less about the expanded notifications or Google Now... A few things I look forward to are the increased smoothness (project butter) and the new profile feature added to TouchWiz that let's you turn on/off notifications on a schedule.

jboogie1289

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Verizon] "OFFICIAL" JellyBean Speculation
Ok, I misspoke. Let me rephrase, Verizon picks and chooses which phones they want to support and push on customers and the S3 isn't one of them. They are all about the razr. You are right and thank you for correcting me. I had forgotten about my charge being of the "droid" brand and they pretty much crapped on that one.

Well heres the thiing to remember. When I go in my local Verizon store, I'm already equipped with the knowledge of all things Android. When the GNex was scheduled to come out, I reached out to a couple of peeps that I usually go through in that store and they knew nothing (or pretended to know nothing) about a Nexus phone coming to their carrier. So I go in knowing what I want and not letting them do the ole song and dance on what's the best phone for me. I already know and when they do push, I kindly blind them and disable them with all I know about the baddest phone that they have the luxury of selling. Shuttin' em' down as I like to call it. So to me, the "DROID" lineup is just another phone with a "nickname" to make it something that it's not. And to put it simply, a car salesman can't sell me a Toyota when I came to buy "ANOTHER" Porsche. I'm just saying..........