[Verizon] "OFFICIAL" JellyBean Speculation

Brainfart

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Might be promising.... Hope the speculations are correct this time. I'm really looking forward to the new features of jb.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I've never had any luck flashing ROMs. They are never stable as stock and either a feature won't work like the camera or the phone freezes or resets itself. That was my experiences with the razr or the thunderbolt

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I've never had any luck flashing ROMs. They are never stabale as stock and either a feature won't work like the camera or the phone freezes or resets itself. That was my experiences with the razr or the thunderbolt

I've had similar experiences, but have discovered its all about finding the right ROM. Using Clean ROM now, its like stock only better.

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I've had similar experiences, but have discovered its all about finding the right ROM. Using Clean ROM now, its like stock only better.

+1 I agree 100%! CleanROM has been absolutely perfect for about a week now!

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
+1 I agree 100%! CleanROM has been absolutely perfect for about a week now!

I'm tempted, but agree with the other poster about ROM's not working right. They seem to work right for a month or so, then I have to reinstall it, or flash a different one. That was my experience on the Hero, Evo4G, and S2. I can wait for JB, and still might not take that update either as the phone was built around ICS. When GB came out for the Evo it slowed it down, ICS comletely dorked my S2, and Froyo slowed down my Hero...Maybe that's why Verizon is waiting. A girl I work with who uses Sprint got JB on her S3 and the differences are minimal, obscure, and it's not any faster even with "Project Butter". In an AOSP version it might be, but not with the TW overlay.

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site

I loaded it today, so I guess I'll give it a whirl.

markkelley

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Friday seems like a strange day for an OTA of this magnitude (I just said that in my Admiral Ackbar voice), but I'll take it... unless they want to do it earlier!

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Kamen

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Friday seems like a strange day for an OTA of this magnitude (I just said that in my Admiral Ackbar voice), but I'll take it... unless they want to do it earlier!

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

In regards to Friday, "IT'S A TRAP!!"

droid83

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Unacceptable that a phone this major has to wait 6 months to get an update. Just saw the release of that premuim suite for the S3. Whatever to that. My nexus 7 32gig got 3 updates since i got it. Verizon is a joke. My next phone will be a Nexus. Tired of waiting verizon's slow asses. Bloatware after bloatware is what we can expect when 4.1 drops.

enb123

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't know... When my Bionic got Ics after a long, long, long wait, my phone had all sorts of problems. They didn't clear up with a factory reset, either. Buying the S3 cleared them all up! :)

I like the way this phone works now, so I'm not that anxious to get Jelly Bean. Just a thought, although I know most people won't share my viewpoint!

Last edited:

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
The only reason I was wanting it was my phone kept freezing. After many app removals I finally found the problem. The stock Internet browser was causing it. I'm hoping the jb update clears it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non