[Verizon] "OFFICIAL" JellyBean Speculation

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I think this was all a big mistake, and possibly even a hack on Verizon. Too many typos, the page is gone, and especially with them saying it's 62MB big. All the other phones have been 250-300MB for the JB update, and you know how Verizon loves their bloatware. Maybe 62MB of Bloat, but JB is larger than 62MB. Hell, even CleanROM is 750MB with the install package. I think we just got Punk'd.

markkelley

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I think this was all a big mistake, and possibly even a hack on Verizon. Too many typos, the page is gone, and especially with them saying it's 62MB big. All the other phones have been 250-300MB for the JB update, and you know how Verizon loves their bloatware. Maybe 62MB of Bloat, but JB is larger than 62MB. Hell, even CleanROM is 750MB with the install package. I think we just got Punk'd.

I think you're right, or someone working for VZW is REALLY incompetent. Hmmmm...

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I think you're right, or someone working for VZW is REALLY incompetent. Hmmmm...

What like it cannot be both?

I am guessing it was a working document that got pushed live instead of to the work flow area

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site

Yep...maybe it's coming in the short-term, but that page they had up for about half an hour was definitely screwed up...errr....wrong. I took on root and that ota blocker anyhow in case they tried to shove it down my throat. I want to wait until it's bug-free before I go there. Take a look at any of the JB ROM's out there and they are pretty big. Custom ROM's are bigger than the carrier OTA's yes, but Sprint's was 349MB using the manual update method. (Google it) No idea how big it was with the OTA method, but it should be close barring some crazy compression. I expect Verizon's to be at LEAST 350MB.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I tend to agree. Don't you think it is curious that the previous maintenance update (IMM76D.I535VRALHE) was ALSO 62MB?

Exactly...some incompetent intern at Verizon posted it accidentally, or Verizon got hacked by an incompetent hacker. Of course, most hacked websites purposely misspell words or make very outlandish claims, so it could be a "good hack". If anyone thinks Verizon couldn't possibly be hacked, they're dreaming.

The other option could be that they outsourced their marketing to India and they did it.

RunSilent23

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if Verizon posted the update page or not. But I do know that I have had a blast reading all of the comments the last few weeks from Verizon Galaxy S3 users. Every day I type "Verizon Galaxy S3 Jelly Bean" into Google and look at the past 24 hours of changes. When the update comes (and my guess is that it will be in a few days), I am going to miss the following: 1) "I am dropping Verizon when my contract expires!" (Yeah right...for what?). 2) "I pay good money each month to Verizon" (Oh Thanks. I was wondering who was responsible for building the LTE network); 3) "If they would at least give me a date..." (Cause that would make all of us so patient, huh?) 4) "This post has been modified for violating the terms of service" (Mama. Get the soap!) 5) "Consumer Reports rated Verizon the highest..." (@#&&$#!!!!); 6) "I am an ATT/Sprint/T-Mobile Galaxy S3 user. Be careful what you wish for..." (Where are you from? Silent Hill?)

It is about to end. What will I do for fun? Guess I will just have to ask Google Now on my Verizon Galaxy S3!

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
As far as I can tell if you upgrade right the Updates are pretty good. The complaints I have seen have been easily fixed with what should have been done in the first place (Factory Reset).

As far as #1--Sprint, but I am a lucky one with decent LTE

Targon

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if Verizon posted the update page or not. But I do know that I have had a blast reading all of the comments the last few weeks from Verizon Galaxy S3 users. Every day I type "Verizon Galaxy S3 Jelly Bean" into Google and look at the past 24 hours of changes. When the update comes (and my guess is that it will be in a few days), I am going to miss the following: 1) "I am dropping Verizon when my contract expires!" (Yeah right...for what?). 2) "I pay good money each month to Verizon" (Oh Thanks. I was wondering who was responsible for building the LTE network); 3) "If they would at least give me a date..." (Cause that would make all of us so patient, huh?) 4) "This post has been modified for violating the terms of service" (Mama. Get the soap!) 5) "Consumer Reports rated Verizon the highest..." (@#&&$#!!!!); 6) "I am an ATT/Sprint/T-Mobile Galaxy S3 user. Be careful what you wish for..." (Where are you from? Silent Hill?)

It is about to end. What will I do for fun? Guess I will just have to ask Google Now on my Verizon Galaxy S3!

You will be able to complain about 4.1.2 not being available yet, with the split-screen option to have two apps on screen at once. Then of course, there is 4.2, and then Key Lime Pie...there will always be complaints from people who want the very latest.

Brainfart

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Sweet! Hope they start pushing it on Friday and allow the update via Kies also. :thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
The official JB update page is back! And it's even corrected now!

Really? Interesting. I hope whoever wants it gets it, and I hope it works out well for them. Seriously. some people seem mad because I don't want it, and I don't get that. I'm glad the S3 is FINALLY getting it, but it's just not for me at this time :) But, I'm not seeing the new page...just the old one still. Must be somewhere else on the Verizon site.

Rockbeast

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
Regarding all the bloatware Verizon adds to updates...I noticed the Verizon App Store says it is closing sometime in January. I was checking out a few possibilities for a phone to replace my Pre2 and looked at the SIII, Stellar, Stratosphere II...a couple others I can't remember...and when I tapped on the VERIZON Apps store icon, it had a message about closing in January. Does this mean there will be less bloating on updates in the future?

barthawk

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
"If it's off of the links on page 8 of this thread, it's still the last update...VRALHE

I don't think so, the document I see shows JRO03L.I535VRBLK3, but the size is given in the update instructions which doesn't have any version numbers listed. It might be the benefits of the upgrade document have been changed, but not the update instructions