[Verizon] "OFFICIAL" JellyBean Speculation

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Regarding all the bloatware Verizon adds to updates...I noticed the Verizon App Store says it is closing sometime in January. I was checking out a few possibilities for a phone to replace my Pre2 and looked at the SIII, Stellar, Stratosphere II...a couple others I can't remember...and when I tapped on the VERIZON Apps store icon, it had a message about closing in January. Does this mean there will be less bloating on updates in the future?

no they substituted it with the amazon suite. There will be no real cut down with the bloat

Empty J

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Looks like it is finally official.

Verizon blog (posted today, December 13)

Samsung Galaxy S? III is the latest Verizon Wireless smartphone to be upgraded to Android 4.1, Jelly Bean. The software upgrade, which will be pushed to customers in phases starting Dec. 14, also makes the smartphone Global Ready. Customers who would like to manually download the upgrade through the settings menu will be able to within the next week.

rbruceporter

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
galaxy_s3_instructions1-001_zpse25efe9f.jpg

galaxy_s3_instructions1-002_zpsa59e46ff.jpg

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
"If it's off of the links on page 8 of this thread, it's still the last update...VRALHE

I don't think so, the document I see shows JRO03L.I535VRBLK3, but the size is given in the update instructions which doesn't have any version numbers listed. It might be the benefits of the upgrade document have been changed, but not the update instructions

Damn...I keep forgetting that Verizon and Android Central both revolve around you, and you only. How short-sighted of me to think because something I saw an hour before you posted that it really could have happened, or was real. While all I saw was the old, outdated, misinformation, Verizon threw up a brand new page just for you, then time-warped you ahead an hour to tell me I was wrong. Forgive me? I am but a Golden Lab Puppy....I figured at a minimum that you'd be impressed with my mad typing skills.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Cool, this means Sprint, T-Mob, AT&T, and probably Straight Talk will all put out Key Lime Pie updates for all of their phones next week! :cool:

dmbanahan

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
It sounds to me like they're not going to make it available to pull down the update until sometime next week. Which means if they don't push it to your phone today, you're stuck waiting a few more days at least.

Soon this will all be over and we can start pining for that Premium Suite Update!