Signature in Text Messages

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Signature ins Text Messages

I know this is an old post but I am having the opposite problem, I have a signature that I cannot remove from the text msg's. I don't even know how it even got there. Does anyone know how I can take it off?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Dorothy,
What Messaging app are you using?
If you're using the stock Messaging app, when it's showing the list of conversations but not in an actual message thread, press the Menu button -> select Settings -> scroll to the bottom and see if 'Add signature' is checked. If it is, just uncheck it.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

reezie13

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site

i found a way to do mine i opened my text messages then click settings and it opened my settings for my messages if you go all the way to the bottom you will see signature at the bottom and you can add what ever you choose. hope this helps.

realtytip

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
No ability to do auto signature with motorola moto G! I talked with Motorola and they said that they removed the ability to add an auto signature on this verizon prepaid phone. They would not give an answer why. Also they would not comment on if the upcoming update to kit kat will add this ability. I then set up all text and voice mail to go to google hangouts and that works very well but the ability to add an auto signature is still missing! Anybody got an answer for hangouts and an auto signature? I installed sms signature from the play store but you have to copy and paste with each text you want to add a signature to and this is not ideal but it works.
Added comment--------Verizon prepaid with moto g seems excellent and phone impressive! I am getting better reception in some hard to reach before places then I did on their $120 plan and you can get a $50 plan with 1 gig data and unlimited calling and text messages. Best Buy!

Last edited:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Removing something like an auto signature seems an odd decision.

Perhaps in the realty business it makes sense to have a signature on all of your SMS/MMS, but I'd find that particularly annoying in TMs with friends.

Thanks for the comments about the Moto G and the prepaid Verizon plan! I've been looking at ditching Verizon due to the exorbitant costs, but perhaps that route (with a contract-free Moto X) might be a reasonable alternative.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
I have the new G3, also cannot find how to Put signature.
Don't they have an LG G3 forum? You'd probably get more pertinent information there - I don't even know what the Messaging app is like on that phone. (Send it to me and I'll find out for you. )

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Joanne Caron

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
How to add signature text?
Here the steps you need to do to create your own text signature:

Go to Apps through Home screen.
Tap Messaging.
Tap the Menu key.
On pop up menu select Settings.
Scroll to signature settings section then tap Add signature. When the checkbox next to this option is ticked means the option is turned on.
Tap Signature text.
Here you can type your signature text.
Tap OK button to save the changes.
Tap Home button to return to the standby mode.

By adding your own text signature at the bottom of your outgoing message, now everyone who receive a message from you will see your signature when they read the message. So, did you've adding signature text on your outgoing message?

Rednekhuzzy

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
I SOME HOW figured out how to add my signature nature to my text and cannot figure out how I did it because I am wanting to take mine offAny suggestions?.I am going to search Google again.usually when I can't figure out something I will Google it n 9 times outta 10 I find my answer...good luck.
but try go ogling it

brsturzljr2

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Adding Signature in Text Messages -=- Samsung Note 3 . . .

Simply canNOT find the Settings feature when I open Messages. Perhaps I don't have the correct OS? How do I ascertain which one I'm currently using?

Thanks! for any help with this.

brsturzljr2

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
This isn't possible as Messaging isn't an option via Applications. The closest I can find is "Messages" which sends me to the application itself and from thence there is not the possibility to:

"Go to Apps through Home screen.
Tap Messaging."

What to do? Also, it would probably be useful for you to know the version of Android that my Galaxy Note3 uses -=- however I don't know how to check on this aspect . . .

Clover-Leaf

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
I can only say what works on my phone, an LG ultimate 2 running Android 4.4.2 (KitKat) with the default messaging app.

Open up the Messaging App and go directly to the menu button (don't open any messages or initiate any new ones)
Go to "Settings"
Go to "Storage" (Don't ask me why it is there.)
The 5th item down is the "Signature" option
Open that and type in your signature.
Go back and make sure the check box has a check mark in it.

Hopefully your phone is at least somewhat similar.....

lg_ult2

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi I struggled with this too and you go under text messages and choose settings and then you go to storage and down at the bottom you will find the signature. I searched, my husband searched and here is the answer.

Tabaer6501

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site

No matter what why I do iron is no where to be found. I have a Samsung note 5. B
If you are running the stock SMS client, open up the SMS app. Make sure that you do not have a message selected, or are within a threaded message. Press the menu button, select settings, then scroll all the way down to the bottom of the settings page, you will see it there. Sorry the screen shot is so blurry, I dont know why it came out like that.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams