This phone is great!

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to say I'm very happy with my new GS3. Owning this phone is very different from reading about it, trying it in the store etc. I have been following this phone closely and done a LOT of reading. Here are just some of the normal complaints I've read about the GS3 and what I feel about them -

- design: I have no idea why so many people complained about the design. It feels great
- TouchWiz: this is the first phone I have no desire to replace the oem skin. TW has a lot of very nice features that AOSP doesn't - e.g. the video player, music player, motion gestures, the camera, S Planner - IMO all these are as good as any app on the market. Even TW launcher is smoother than Nova/Apex
- verizon bloatware: I disabled things like Navigator/backup assistant. I thought I'd get annoyed by the wifi notification but so far I just ignore it
- pentile screen: who cares! This is a gorgeous screen, esp for anyone coming from an older gen phone.
- physical home button: don't mind it at all, except for the phone turned on sometimes in my pocket.

I will eventually root it, but so far I have no real reason to. It doesn't feel slow, everything works and I get great battery life. Samsung did a great job with this phone!

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I have had this device for some time, I am still happy with it! Thank you Hardware/software combo +1+1+1+1+!

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
To get rid of the wifi notification type *#6335623# into the phone dialer then select disable wifi off loading. Done.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the OP. Been very happy with it despite being skeptical. Despite the nightmare to keep unlimited data it appears all is well so I will be keeping the S3 for a long time.

One small complaint is the verizon screen protectors - while they feel pretty good I wish they fit the curved screen a little better.

sparesr4sissies

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I waited to root as well. I think I went about a month, then started getting greedy and wanting more. If you do root, I'd look into some of the custom ROMs like Bean's, CleanROM, or Synergy. With these (at least w/ Bean's) you can keep the Touchwiz stuff that you like, while getting rid of the Verizon crap and adding a few extras (Google Wallet). I'm running Bean's right now and couldn't be happier.

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Were you talking about the pop up notification or the one In the drop down info bar?

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Were you talking about the pop up notification or the one In the drop down info bar?

Both. Does the dialing trick disable both?

- - - Updated - - -

I waited to root as well. I think I went about a month, then started getting greedy and wanting more. If you do root, I'd look into some of the custom ROMs like Bean's, CleanROM, or Synergy. With these (at least w/ Bean's) you can keep the Touchwiz stuff that you like, while getting rid of the Verizon crap and adding a few extras (Google Wallet). I'm running Bean's right now and couldn't be happier.

I'll root soon enough. I tried nearly every rom on my Evo 4G (which you needed to root for decent battery life) and so far I think I'll stick to TW based rom's like CleanRom or Synergy, the AOSP one's are too unstable. I've had enough of experimenting and random reboots.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary