Copying on the S III, Blanking Out

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
When I have tried to copy things with my S3 the screen goes black, I usually get the message saying that the app has failed to respond and then option to send in the information about the crash (do they actually use those?) Does anyone have any solutions, or work around for this problem?

Is anyone else having this problem? I'm also not able to get screen shots. When I first got the phone I was able to using the same method as I do on my Nexus, pushing the down arrow and power button. Now, I get the same black screen as I do when I attempt to copy.

Does anyone have any helpful suggestions?

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
What app are you copying from or does this happen on all apps? Did you try the obvious battery pull/reboot? Since I know I can copy/paste without issue in most if not all apps, I'd have to suggest clearing data on the offending app and if it's all apps a full factory reset.

I'm sure it's not what you wanted to hear but it sounds like a software bug and that's the easiest way to flush software bugs.

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I was getting the same thing on my Galaxy Tab 7+. Have you tried clearing the clipboard?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
This happened to me a few times too. Not sure maybe it's a driver issue. I just restarted my laptop and it was fine.

Try a different usb port. Do you have a lot of usb devices connected?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Kamen

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
You really only have two options until Samsung/VZW releases an official fix.

Option 1
Factory Restore your phone.

Option 2 (Requires Root)
1. Boot Recovery (CWM) > Advanced > Wipe Cache
2. Reboot Phone > Root Explorer > Delete /data/clipbord/*
3. Reboot Recovery Again > Advanced > Fix Permissions
4. Reboot Phone
5. Issue Resolved

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
What app are you copying from or does this happen on all apps? Did you try the obvious battery pull/reboot? Since I know I can copy/paste without issue in most if not all apps, I'd have to suggest clearing data on the offending app and if it's all apps a full factory reset.

I'm sure it's not what you wanted to hear but it sounds like a software bug and that's the easiest way to flush software bugs.
It is happening in all apps right now.
You really only have two options until Samsung/VZW releases an official fix.

Option 1
Factory Restore your phone.

Option 2 (Requires Root)
1. Boot Recovery (CWM) > Advanced > Wipe Cache
2. Reboot Phone > Root Explorer > Delete /data/clipbord/*
3. Reboot Recovery Again > Advanced > Fix Permissions
4. Reboot Phone
5. Issue Resolved

I did the factory reset, but no luck. :(

I guess it is too much to ask that manufacturers work these types of bugs out prior to releasing their product and then charging us hundreds of dollars for them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol