Verizon Update: IMM76D.I545VRALG7 - Have you received?

Maya

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon Update: version IMM76D - Have you received?

My phone updated and universal search is gone.

--edit--

After the update, my phone's screen doesn't turn off while charging. Any fixes for this?

Last edited:

firstdegree

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

Used debugfs method to reobtain root. All is again right with the world (except Universal Search).

ttrimmer

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

Anyone notice the Samsung keyboard is much better after the update? I rarely use it but it seems like the word prediction is much improved now.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

frankles42

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site

BLEH... woke up this morning with my phone saying it was updated... checked universal search and it was gone :(

now i really want jb just for google now and some semblance of integrated universal search again

Poohbear

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

Anyone else experiencing the "TouchWiz Not Responding" error? Keeps happening to my phone and i'm about ready to get rid of my phone.

frankles42

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site

Anyone else experiencing the "TouchWiz Not Responding" error? Keeps happening to my phone and i'm about ready to get rid of my phone.

have you tried another launcher like nova or apex? i havnt had the problem but im running nova prime so i dont know if that would be why i havnt seen it.

Poohbear

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

When I had my DroidX I had tried other launchers and they were nice. I didn't think of changing the launcher for the S3 because it was working fine and I couldn't complain. Now that the phone was updated I've been getting issues. I'll give these other launchers a try. Thanks.

wolverine2003

May 29, 2010
Visit site

I actually got that quite a bit right before the update. After the update, I haven't gotten it yet...*fingers crossed*

Poohbear

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

Kept getting the message every time I would wake up the phone. So I decided to purchase Nova Launcher instead. Hopefully everything works like normal. Thanks for the suggestions.

UPDATE: After installing Nova Launcher, my phone continues to freeze and lots of apps stop do not respond. I'm going to try and do a factory reset if this doesn't work, I will be throwing the phone at the wall.

Last edited:

WilburNJ

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I received my update two nights ago. Maybe it's my imagination, but my LTE and even 3G connectivity seemed much worse. I work on the 45th floor of a tall building in midtown Manhattan, so LTE up there has never been good. So I usually set the phone to CDMA only during the day, but I noticed that I was on 1x for most of the day yesterday. I don't think I've ever seen 1x while in my office in the past.

Maybe VZW was just having issues. But, quite a coincidence....

Poohbear

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I did a factory reset on my phone and the errors to the phone seemed to have stopped(Knock on wood). Looks as though the phone wont be meeting its maker anytime soon. LOL.

muiriddin

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
My phone connectivity seems to be better after the update instead of worse that I'm reading here. I haven't rooted the device and typically do not root until the warranty is up unless something is "horribly wrong" in the stock image for the phone. I haven't (knock on wood) found something I would consider "horribly wrong" yet!

nedqadams

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
So, I've never really used Uni Search (not sure why) but I just checked and I don't have it. I haven't updated. It tried this morning but I froze the backup so no download.
I did get a refurb about a month ago to deal with connectivity issues and my guess is they had taken Universal Search out. Came with (and still has) Baseband: 1535VRLG1.

The thing is, I found a Uni Search .apk and now it works. Not sure if it will work on switching it back for the rest of you on the newest firmware but I've got it if anyone wants. (Got it off another AC Forum posting)

Maddfrog

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Used debugfs method to reobtain root. All is again right with the world (except Universal Search).

I woke up this morning and noticed that my battery was just about dead in less than 4 -5 hours which is unusal since I can run up to 24 hours + on one charge. I looked into things and noticed that my root permission were restricted again. I reobtained the root using debugfs, which is exactly the same way I obtained my root access in the first place. Thanks firstdegree for pointing me in the right direction.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Sorry if I missed this detail, my update version shows IMM76D.I535VRALG7. I notice that the post title indicates IMM76D.I545VRALG7. Are there slightly different GS3 hardware variants floating around?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay