Warning: Update pushed and installed without input or consent

firetruck41

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
As said in the title, I just happened to pick up my phone to find it mid update (not JB), nothing I could do about it. Update was uneventful, but it killed "universal" search
:mad:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central App

socialillz

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I won't miss universal search due to the fact I never really took advantage of it. I always used the search bar for Internet queries. But I guess any update that cripples or takes away a feature is no good regardless. Thumbs down Samsung and Verizon :-(

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

ibikeiruniswim

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I caught mine with a timer with 30secs until install and was able to postpone it until 11:59pm tomorrow. It seems the only way out of it is to leave the phone off.

rvhighway

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
If you root and ROM you can keep the updates from coming to the phone. They just won't show up. You need to be sure that you get off of the stock ROM. Rooting and doing nothing else (leaving the stock VZW ROM in place) will leave you exposed to the updates.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
You know why it was universal search was removed right? To help calm the storm of every Android device coming through the US market not getting lawsuits thrown on it. If you are that upset about losing Universal Search you can A) Root or B) Call Apple and beg for them to allow Google to use it (and we know how that will go). I never even used Universal Search so I don't see it as a loss.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Or the patent system but apple is a good choice too

Sent from my thumbs with no brain censorship

That whole patent violation was bull . Apple was just jealous the S3 was being called the iPhone killer cause even Apple fans were saying it was better.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Android Central Forums

bigmook2

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
cleanrom is what the stock s3 should have been. no bloat. no root checker, no pop up widget. no wifi notification bar clutter. and a wifi notification toggle. the voltages on the kernal are better. oh and no updates.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome