I delayed the update I received this morning until tonight. Anyone know the effect of the update on phones that are rooted and have unlocked bootloaders??
    09-15-2012 08:20 AM
    I delayed the update I received this morning until tonight. Anyone know the effect of the update on phones that are rooted and have unlocked bootloaders??
    You will loose root for one, don't know what exactly what it'll do to the bootloader if anything but I wouldn't do it if I were you.

Edit: Anytime that you are rooted/unlocked you don't want to do any OTA for the chance of it bricking your phone. Will that happen? Probably not but is it worth the risk? No. If anything, someone will come out with a rooted image of the OTA soon and then you can just easily flash that like you flashed the rooted version the first time.
    09-15-2012 09:59 AM
    Do not accept it.... Go to Titanium Backup and freeze SDM 1.0
    PsYcHoNeWb likes this.
    09-15-2012 12:05 PM
    I hadn't done this yet and the forced update went through last night.

Woke up to a TWRP recovery screen this morning. I was going to restore a backup just to be safe, but I took a chance that having an alternate recovery on my device would cause the update to fail and chose to reboot (with fingers crossed). The device rebooted normally then immediately displayed a pop-up that the update had failed. Whew.

Immediately froze the SDM 1.0 file with TB.
    09-15-2012 03:12 PM
    I hadn't done this yet and the forced update went through last night.

Woke up to a TWRP recovery screen this morning. I was going to restore a backup just to be safe, but I took a chance that having an alternate recovery on my device would cause the update to fail and chose to reboot (with fingers crossed). The device rebooted normally then immediately displayed a pop-up that the update had failed. Whew.

Immediately froze the SDM 1.0 file with TB.
    Same exact thing happened to me.
    09-15-2012 03:24 PM
    I run a rooted stock Rom. I used voodoo ota rootkeeper, and updated my phone. Than did a root check. And kept my root. I than froze the extra bloatware they gave and now my s-beam connects faster and my data actually does run faster.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    09-15-2012 04:17 PM
    I run a rooted stock Rom. I used voodoo ota rootkeeper, and updated my phone. Than did a root check. And kept my root. I than froze the extra bloatware they gave and now my s-beam connects faster and my data actually does run faster.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Did you have any previous system apps frozen? Cause accepting an OTA with missing system files normally borks up the phone.

Also do you have a locked or unlocked bootloader?
    09-15-2012 04:47 PM
    Did you have any previous system apps frozen? Cause accepting an OTA with missing system files normally borks up the phone.

Also do you have a locked or unlocked bootloader?
    I would like to know also as I am rooted on a stock rom with a unlocked bootloader.
    09-16-2012 10:26 AM
    Do not accept it.... Go to Titanium Backup and freeze SDM 1.0
    Can you please give me some guidance doing this. I see how to freeze an app using TBP, but I can't find SDM (unless I just don't know what it stands for , which is entirely possible). Much appreciated!

UPDATE: Nevermind! I searched for SDM in TBP on my S3 and found that it's not installed. So I guess I'm good to go with CM 10?!
    09-17-2012 11:21 AM
    Can you please give me some guidance doing this. I see how to freeze an app using TBP, but I can't find SDM (unless I just don't know what it stands for , which is entirely possible). Much appreciated!

UPDATE: Nevermind! I searched for SDM in TBP on my S3 and found that it's not installed. So I guess I'm good to go with CM 10?!
    Yeah.... Most custom ROMs should already have it disabled. It's really only for stock rooted users.

Here's what it looks like anyways:
    Attached Thumbnails Latest Update on Rooted and/or Unlocked Phones????-uploadfromtaptalk1347897247508.jpg  
    scraptacular likes this.
    09-17-2012 11:54 AM
    I think I received the update and it made my phone very laggy. Couldn't make calls and send texts. Was using synergy, had to hard reset and can only use stock root now. Very weird.
    09-17-2012 01:48 PM
    Ok, but if I'm rooted just using the script method (I never flashed antrhing, never froze anything), I can take the update, right? I know I might lose root.
    09-17-2012 03:08 PM
    Ok, but if I'm rooted just using the script method (I never flashed antrhing, never froze anything), I can take the update, right? I know I might lose root.
    I didn't lose root but definitely lost some functionality
    09-17-2012 03:10 PM
    can anyone tell me why i can't use synergy anymore after getting the update without realizing it? i have root and unlocked bootloader but only stock root will work. synergy, beans both won't function now.

thx
    09-24-2012 04:36 PM
    can anyone tell me why i can't use synergy anymore after getting the update without realizing it? i have root and unlocked bootloader but only stock root will work. synergy, beans both won't function now.

thx
    What exactly is happening when you're trying to flash synergy?
    09-24-2012 04:56 PM
    Have you done the root method I posted at http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...ta-users.html? I rooted with no issues with that method... I am running Beans latest rom now..
    09-24-2012 06:11 PM
    Your not suppose to be able to receive updates on synergy ROM. They eliminated that file.
    09-24-2012 08:17 PM
    What exactly is happening when you're trying to flash synergy?
    It will flash to my gs3 but then everything lags. can't make calls, send texts. unbelievable lag. Synergy was great and then I think i got hit with an update unknowingly and now I can only use stock rooted and unlocked bootloader.
    09-24-2012 08:33 PM