Good-bye iPhone!!!

zeteo

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Having used the GalaxyIII previously I knew what a great phone it was yet I just couldn't cut the iPhone cord without seeing the new iPhone. I had been with AT&T because at the time they were the only ones carrying the iPhone. So even though I was a Silver/Platinum member of Vzw, I changed providers and got the iPhone, and have had both ever since.

After the disgusting revealing of the iPhone 5, and my wife and I both having upgradable lines, we decided to make the big move. We went to a Verizon Store intending to buy 2 S III's. The salesperson, although friendly made several untrue statements regarding the s3, such as it runs Google Wallet, it already was updated to fix the no sim error (which was just downloaded today), etc. Well we decided not to buy from them.

Thursday I ordered 2 s3's from Verizon, had them overnighted. Bought cases, etc. from Android Central. Voila, both arrived yesterday. My wife and I are back on Verizon, on 4G, with brand new Galaxy S III's!!! We have them both set up (well mine is, wifes' not so much) and are both thrilled!!

Great provider, great phone, whats not to love? Very happy! Android rules!

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy that you have finally fully converted over to android. I remember when you had a lemon of a phone and everyone was trying to kill you on this forum lol.

JustLeft

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what was "disgusting" about the iphone announcement. I can understand "disappointing" for things like no simultaneous voice and data unless on wifi.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

sparesr4sissies

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
It's disgusting because they treat it as a revolutionary new device, even though it has no new features. They've manipulated their supporters to a point where they'll believe that whatever they put out is far superior to anything else on the market.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
It's disgusting because they treat it as a revolutionary new device, even though it has no new features. They've manipulated their supporters to a point where they'll believe that whatever they put out is far superior to anything else on the market.

Quote end quote ;) agreed

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

JustLeft

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
You are entitled to your opinion. I have an s3 and love it and also will likely get the ip5. I'm sure I'm in the minority as I really like both platforms.

Jillxz

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
At Apple's event Wednesday , they were very clear when they said that iPhone 5 was NOT revolutionary , but evolutionary

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
How is it evolutionary, that's impossible only living organisms are capable of evolution

Face Palm ;)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Rackness

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I too was expecting more from apple. With such a large gap between devices i was really expecting it to be a game changer but i will wait till i see and use one in person before i form an opinion. I have an iphone 4 and a razr maxx in addition to my s3 and i am running with the s3 full time as it is tbe superior device for my needs. I am very impressed with the s3 and i am really looking forward to JB. On ICS this thing is a beast and JB only stands to improve the experience. I am somewhat of a phone whore but it is gonna take something special for me to upgrade.

rockhopperGS3

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
You are entitled to your opinion. I have an s3 and love it and also will likely get the ip5. I'm sure I'm in the minority as I really like both platforms.

When u have customers that are so loyal and brainwashed that will buy it just to say they have it even though its already outdated they really have no reason to improve on there devices.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Having used the GalaxyIII previously I knew what a great phone it was yet I just couldn't cut the iPhone cord without seeing the new iPhone. I had been with AT&T because at the time they were the only ones carrying the iPhone. So even though I was a Silver/Platinum member of Vzw, I changed providers and got the iPhone, and have had both ever since.

After the disgusting revealing of the iPhone 5, and my wife and I both having upgradable lines, we decided to make the big move. We went to a Verizon Store intending to buy 2 S III's. The salesperson, although friendly made several untrue statements regarding the s3, such as it runs Google Wallet, it already was updated to fix the no sim error (which was just downloaded today), etc. Well we decided not to buy from them.

Yep i had the Iphone 4 before the 3s and before the Iphone 4 my wife had the Samsung Continuum. I hated the Continuum. This is a major home run for Samsung. After seeing the information on the Iphone 5 it seemed to be a larger screen and Iphone 4. The other features of the new Droid devices Iphone did not incorporate. Seems like Apple is going to the Pre-Steve Jobs era now which is what almost drove them out to begin with.

Thursday I ordered 2 s3's from Verizon, had them overnighted. Bought cases, etc. from Android Central. Voila, both arrived yesterday. My wife and I are back on Verizon, on 4G, with brand new Galaxy S III's!!! We have them both set up (well mine is, wifes' not so much) and are both thrilled!!

Great provider, great phone, whats not to love? Very happy! Android rules!

JustLeft

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
When u have customers that are so loyal and brainwashed that will buy it just to say they have it even though its already outdated they really have no reason to improve on there devices.

There is nothing wrong with loyalty. Not sure about the hate about the iphone- people aren't brainwashed. Some want a simple phone that just works. Others want one that they can tweak and tune til hearts content. There is room for both.

Most of my friends have bought s3's, some have bought iphones. None of them are brainwashed.

I also have a galaxy s2 skyrocket. The s3 isn't a big upgrade from that. Very similar to the 4s to 5 upgrade.

pank

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Welcome aboard! I am a huge Apple fan (computer wise) and had every iPhone up until the 3GS. Then I made the switch to Android and while I'll always keep an open mind I have no plans to go back to iOS. It's fine for a lot of people but it's no longer a phone I want. I LOVE my S3 and actually took my wife to the Verizon store 3 weeks ago and got her one because she fell in love with it.

Only downside: We went on the share everything plan and I lost my unlimited data, but for what I gained with the S3 it's well worth it! :)
Enjoy your new phone!! :)

JustLeft

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Welcome aboard! I am a huge Apple fan (computer wise) and had every iPhone up until the 3GS. Then I made the switch to Android and while I'll always keep an open mind I have no plans to go back to iOS. It's fine for a lot of people but it's no longer a phone I want. I LOVE my S3 and actually took my wife to the Verizon store 3 weeks ago and got her one because she fell in love with it.

Only downside: We went on the share everything plan and I lost my unlimited data, but for what I gained with the S3 it's well worth it! :)
Enjoy your new phone!! :)

One advantage of the shared plan is if you want to connect a tablet. That was a big benefit for me - $10 per month for the tablet and I could use it as a wifi hot spot. Nice not to have to burn up my phone battery.

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site

Agreed

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
There is nothing wrong with loyalty. Not sure about the hate about the iphone- people aren't brainwashed. Some want a simple phone that just works. Others want one that they can tweak and tune til hearts content. There is room for both.

Most of my friends have bought s3's, some have bought iphones. None of them are brainwashed.

I also have a galaxy s2 skyrocket. The s3 isn't a big upgrade from that. Very similar to the 4s to 5 upgrade.

iPhone people are brainwashed. They are brainwashed to believe that their device is the best thing and nothing else today can even come close. When Apple says things of how they developed all these revolutionary new things when it has already been on Android for years, an Apple person actually will not believe you and say they copied Apple. They are clueless and only believe what Apple tells them.

Also, people just think they are part of the cool kid crowd when they own an iPhone. A lot of iPhone users don't even know what Android is really.

With the huge sales of the S3 I am starting to feel like Samsung will be the new Apple. Only difference is Samsung will innovate year after year. If not, Android users will not upgrade their phone. With iPhone users they really don't care as long as it is a new model number and Apple tells them it is revolutionary. Just look at the iPhone 4 to the 4s. I don't know how Apple has any loyal customers after they screwed everyone with that joke of a new phone.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I agree for the most part they are brainwashed. Where I work several people recently bought the 4S (mostly girls in their 20s). They were showing the 4S to each other like it was the latest thing. I asked them if they knew it wasn't even 4G and they said, "well the iPhone has the best equipment and is the fastest on the Internet." That is brainwashing. I got my S3 out of my pocket and showed them and they were wowed by the size of the screen, the quality of the screen and how thin it is, plus how fast on 4G. They said they now feel ripped off. I'm kind of sorry I showed them my device as now they are bummed they didn't get it.

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Good for them. Maybe next time they will do some research before shelling out a few hundred dollars. A lesson learned. Although I bet you they will run out and get an iPhone 5 now and think they have the best phone ever. lol