Overheating warning for display brightness?

rockhopperGS3

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Ive searched the forum and have not been able to find any threads on this. I had just plugged my phone into the dash mount and went to turn the brightness up to max because it was really sunny when i noticed that it would not let me. I saw on the screen it said it had reduced brightness to keep from oveheating, when i touched the phone to see if it was very hot it was not. After about 10min it finally let me turn it up. I have had this phone for some time and have never had this happen before even though it has gotten very hot many times and have never seen any warnings. Is this new or is it just the first time this has happened to me?

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Ive searched the forum and have not been able to find any threads on this. I had just plugged my phone into the dash mount and went to turn the brightness up to max because it was really sunny when i noticed that it would not let me. I saw on the screen it said it had reduced brightness to keep from oveheating, when i touched the phone to see if it was very hot it was not. After about 10min it finally let me turn it up. I have had this phone for some time and have never had this happen before even though it has gotten very hot many times and have never seen any warnings. Is this new or is it just the first time this has happened to me?

Probably just first time. I had this happen to me on my gs2. Usually when playing games with brightness all the way up in the sun.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Last edited: