Verizon Samsung Galaxy s3 Update!

oma1340

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I just got my update this morning!! Has anyone else got theirs?? Do you notice any difference??

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

lesorkim

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I got an update over night. Message read Name = update_sch-I535_LF2_to_LG7, Code = 200, Vendor = Samsung. Assuming this is just routine bug fixes or is there anything new?

Wnrgway

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Here's what looks to be the skinny from Verizon's website:

http://support.verizonwireless.com/pdf/system_update/galaxy_s3.pdf

-Improved stability and connectivity w/ backup assistant
-added support for viewing the guided tour videos over cell network
-enhanced customer support with verizon remote diagnostics
-improved data connectivity when using SBeam
-NFC taggin issue resolved to ensure pre-programmed text messages are accurate
-"No SIM" pop up issue resolved

Kamen

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I am rooted so I checked off OTA Survival and ran the updated. After the phone rebooted it said the update failed, but when I check the version it says IMM76D.I535VRALG7 which is what the update announcement says on Verizons site and I still have root. Should I be good in regards to the update actually taking and just producing a false "Failed" output?

Last edited:

rvhighway

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I curious to find out if VZW's update plugged the hole allowing the bootloader to be unlocked. That's something that they wouldn't acknowledge in their list of "improvements." Does anyone know if they messed with the bootloader in the update?

Papadakis

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Those of you using EZ Unlock, have you run into this problem after the update: I 'locked' the phone and then went ahead with the update. After going through the motions, it said the update failed, but I see that I have the new I535VRALG7. However, right after my phone updated and started up, I got an updating EZ unlock, and then went to go re-unlock my phone. When I went into the app I saw that it said unlocked, so I clicked lock again just to see if it would lock. It gives me the message that my phone was succesully locked but it still says unlocked, and all I can do in the app is click lock, which does nothing but give me the popup message saying my phone has been succesfully locked....

Bombinadam1403

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I updated mine last night, again I've only had my phone about a week but I noticed last night my phone was having trouble picking up Wifi altogether. Seems to be running better now after a few reboots.