Since the update, I'm having problems...

ChapStick Assassin

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I haven't changed anything on my phone since my update 1 1/2 day ago, but my galleries (Picture and Video) are freezing like crazy and a few of my apps are running really slow. Anyone else having this problem? (I'm WiFi'ed to my home server and it's suddenly counting all the pics on the home pc 1 by 1) now that I think about it, the slowed apps are also cache dependent. I think I've had about 3 app updates since the system update, so it could be that one of those updates could have caused the problem too. Please check your galleries and let me know if anything is abnormal..

Thanx

Last edited:

ChapStick Assassin

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Better description.... Thumbnails are taking forever to load in galleries. Even if I let the phone sit and load up all the thumbs, when I go into a folder I still have to wait again.... then again when I go back to the main gallery page. And movies that played perfectly fine before, are loading slow and some are crashing the phone.

Poohbear

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Since the update I kept getting a "TouchWiz is Not Responding" error every time I would wake up my phone. The phone would go to a black screen and the phone would freeze for several seconds. I took out the battery and kept getting the same issue. So I just installed Nova Launcher. Just when I thought I had an android phone that wasn't giving me any issues.

UPDATE: I did a factory reset on the phone and knock on wood, it seems to have solved the problem. I'm back to being a happy camper.

Last edited:

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
No problem with mine either :) Also just ran 60 hours on one charge. Have played videos, Many calls, Weather Radar, Stocks, News, Email ...... all still works great! Sounds like something is monitoring or scanning your every move :confused:

Cheers & Good Luck :)

muiriddin

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Are you talking about the Gallery App or are you using QuckPic for your gallery? I know you said "Galleries" but I just want to confirm you are talking about the Gallery App. QuickPic recently changed the default Hardware rendering setting to on. They found it to be quite slow on certain phones (the GS3 being one of them). So if you are using quickpic check the hardware acceleration setting (and turn it off). If you are using the gallery app, it does try and reach out to local servers to display galleries from them as well. When this is happening do you happen to be in an area where you have wifi enabled but wifi reception is bad? Is the remote machine that it is trying to pull gallery information from working hard at the moment when this occurred? Other than that I am not sure what to suggest...

ChapStick Assassin

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
No, talking about the stock Gallery app and stock Video app.... Now that I'm thinking about it, I did activate my all-share play this week, and used DLNA.... I guess I'll try disabling those to see if things change. But I'm still having some freezing after turning off wifi....Hmmm.

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm having problems, too. My GPS is taking much longer to lock and my battery life is suddenly TERRIBLE. I've gone from getting hitting 40% after 18 hours to hitting 45% after 5 hours.

Something is very screwed up with the update.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

muiriddin

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I have not had a problem with this update and the gps but I have previously found that recalibration with the gps status & toolbox app can help.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
When in doubt...(just like all people) REBOOT....Like battery pull, wait 30 seconds...and rebooot) Trust me, I'm the WORST at following my own advice...

cjsmoove

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm having problems, too. My GPS is taking much longer to lock and my battery life is suddenly TERRIBLE. I've gone from getting hitting 40% after 18 hours to hitting 45% after 5 hours.

Something is very screwed up with the update.

My battery has gotten worse as well. I at least lost 2-3 hours with the same settings.

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Update went through fine although I wasn't happy that it ran on its own. First time I've had no issues with an update. Battery is running the same as it was.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Mine had slowed down too but it was not restarted for 120ish hours. I rebooted it and now its back to normal

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I know I don't use mine that much, but I am at 1 day 12 hours with 67% battery left. Not in Saver mode, 4G & GPS are on :)

Cheers, Jon

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power