If you could, would you jump from the SG3 to the Note 2??

Shuckster

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
If you have a SG3, would you leave it for the note 2? If so why? I'm a iphoner who is making the jump and leaning heavily towards the sg3. Or I was. Is the note just to big??

rpz3.14

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I would be tempted to jump to the Note 2 if there was no price impact.

First off, I love my S3. The battery life is phenomenal - with average use, I usually have 40-50% left at the end of the day (from 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM). The camera is awesome. There is a ton of development if you decide to go into the rooting/ROMing scene. The screen is really nice, too, and my signal has been comparable with my old Thunderbolt. In short, I love this phone.

Why then would I switch to the Note 2? It basically boils down to two things. I'm a pretty big guy (6'3") with large hands, so I don't think the size would bother me and the extra screen real estate would be nice. The second reason is the stylus. I think it'd be really handy to have that for tasks like technical sketches on the fly, and it could be pretty handy for photo editing, too. Basically, it'd be nice to have the option to have a finer input option for times when you need it.

TheKISSarmy

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I have the Note now and absolutely love it! My buddy has the S3 and it's a great phone that's pretty big itself, but I'm telling you, once I used my Note for about a day, everything else (including and S3) seems sub-par. What I like most about the note is that, although the size specs are not much different from the S3, it's quite a bit wider - making it much more effective for taking notes using the S-Pen than the S3.

tsweeney77

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
OMG!! This is the biggest dilemma going on in my life right now. I have a job, house, wife, and kids, but the biggest decision in my life right now is if I should upgrade my SG3 to the Note. A little help please!!!!! I'm going crazy.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Probably not. The Note is too big for me.

Power-wise, meh. They are both really fast phones. Deffinately buy the one that has a form factor that fits your needs. Don't pick one or the other based on the specs, as that won't have nearly as big of an impact on your usage of it compared to the size difference.

-Suntan

Shuckster

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
OMG!! This is the biggest dilemma going on in my life right now. I have a job, house, wife, and kids, but the biggest decision in my life right now is if I should upgrade my SG3 to the Note. A little help please!!!!! I'm going crazy.

Thanks for he feedback. I'm upgradable in October. In the same boat as you TSweeny!

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Nope! I dont want a tablet/phone. I just want a phone! Plus I like the size of the S3 personally;y. But the Note 2 has some pretty bad ass hardware!

DJSgalaxy

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Don't think I would make the jump to a phablet. For a phone, the size of the SGS3 is perfect. If I want/need something bigger I'll go with the Nexus 7 or Galaxy Tab 2 7.0.

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking about not getting a SGS3 and waiting for the Note 2 but I was at Costco and held the Note 1. Just way too big for everyday use and I am 6'4" with basketball palming sized hands.

The ideal thing would be to have both and swap my phone number between them based on what I want to do. Maybe have the Note 2 for usage at home or in the car and the SGS3 for everywhere else. I can't imagine how I would carry a phone as big as the Note2 without a dorky belt clip.

tony477g

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Nope, only reason with the otterbox my phone barely fits in my pocket. If I had the note i would have to carry it in my hand everywhere. To big in my opinion

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Somethings to keep in mind -

1. Its very easy to get used to a bigger phone. I thought my Evo 4G was big, until I got the S3, and now the Evo feels small. I've no doubt I could get used to the Note 2.
2. Verizon Note 2 will have a locked bootloader. There's no guarantee it will get unlocked, and if it does it could take months. This is a big deal to me because its the only way we'll get updates.

jonnyrowntree

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I switched from an iPhone 4 to a Samsung Galaxy SII but I'm considering the Note 2 when I'm due an upgrade in next May but there will be a whole different range of handsets available then.

In short, yes if my contract allowed me.

dkeven

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
would really like the note 2 but will wait and see what the real world reception is if no better than s3 no reason to jump

Micah Shock

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
The note to me is nice but simply far too big. The galaxy s3 is good enough for me to the point where I do not need a galaxy note.

Not much different save a few features.

Sent From Shock's Samsung GS3

litlprince

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
No i wouldnt... i mean the reason i didn't get the original note was because I was planning on getting a tablet so having something as big as a note And a tablet seemed redundant. I wouldnt say its too big though i mean after 3 months now my gs3 seems small or normal sized... doesnt feel huge anymore. Im sure it would be the same story with note..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay