Can't change lock screen wallpaper

RajAsad

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
my S3 was doing fine but i had the same problem it was not changing the lock Screen Wall paper.I reset app preferences in Applications manager n it worked for me.

i think the problem is in Crop photo therefore use only Crop picture n it will work fine.

greenaaron

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I have the Galaxy S4. I've been having problems with changing the lock screen pic as well. I tried just about everything, including the suggestions on this board. Why beat my head up against the wall, said I. Contacted Samsung tech support--problem solved.

Solution:
1. Download a wallpaper app to your liking (I chose PicSpeed and will use that as the example).
2. Select the wallpaper you want to use and select "save" (the wallpaper will save to the Gallery automatically).
3. Return to HOME page and select "SETTINGS TAB".
4. Select the following: SET WALLPAPER>LOCK SCREEN>GALLERY
5. Select the pic you saved from PicSpeed (or whatever app you chose), and you're done.
6. Press the on/off switch and hit the home key. Boom! You have your new lock screen pic.

How stupid easy was that?

Unfortunately, with this app the crop function takes away a lot of the pic, I'm sure there is a way to correct for this, but for my purposes it was perfect. Hope this helps.

Anna3333

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
doomsday you are brilliant!! I've spent hours researching this problem. I could do it at first, then couldn't change the lock screen to my wallpapers on the stock ones, which are pretty boring. I did everything you said and it worked. Great help you've been. Cheers.
Yep - that happened to me. I had another Gallery app (quic pic) as well as a wallpaper app I was using. The way I fixed it was to go to the particular app in application manager and clear out the "defaults" as well as the cache. The Lock screen uses a specific size/resolution. You have to use the stock Gallery app for it. My problem was that I used another app to edit the wallpaper and set it to use as default. Once I cleared the default and used the Gallery app to crop, I could apply any lock screen wallpaper.

tbay

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I tried everything on my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone. I had a shot of a movie title was stuck, I did all the steps, 1) Empty the defaults and cache 2) Application settings rest 3) Using the regular Gallery no third party 4) Going to a blank space on the main screen and holding until the change Wallpaper/Lock Screen appeared 5) Changing the lock settings, to no avail. What I ended up doing was taking the battery and my SD card out for about 10 secs and replacing it. Now it backs to normal. I'm not saying that all the actions didn't help, but they didn't take effect until I took out the battery and SD card. So as a last resort after all the other methods have been done. Try using the take the battery and SD card out. If that hadn't worked I would have to reset my entire phone. Wish I hate to do. Hope this helps.

Alexa Jovicic

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
iIhave a problem...when i rooted my phone i deleted my stock gallery app and i can't change my lock screen wallpaper
i got the original app from my friend and it wouldn't install...btw i use a samsung galaxy s3
is there a way to get the original gallery back or somehow change my lock screen?

dougdraws

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
It took me a while to figure out how to change my lock screen on my S3. You can change the icons you want on the lock screen (email, messaging, etc.) by going to Settings > My Device > Lock Screen. Check mark the box for Multiple Widgets, then click the Edit Shortcuts box to choose the ones you want displayed there.

To change the wallpaper first have an image (or images) you would like to use saved in your Gallery. Next open your Gallery and click on an image, then click the menu button (bottom of screen on the left of the home button) and choose "Set as" from the list that pops up. Choose the "Lock screen" option, crop the image if you need to and then click "Done" at the top.

skalante55

Jan 13, 2018
Visit site
I have the similar problem which annoyed me for over a week but the fix as follow:

Goto Setting > Application Manager > call up the sub menu then "Reset App Preference"

After doing the above, when you go to change "lock screen wall paper", please select the "gallery" instead of any other 3rd party "Quick Pic" open the file. Then it's done. If you need to "edit" the photo for the Lock Screen wallpaper, I use the "Photo Editor" which works perfect too. Good luck
:)

Thank you so much, this one worked for me...!!! SOLVED

Missy Uneek

Mar 14, 2018
Visit site
I had a blank gray lockscreen because I couldn't get galaxy wallpapers to work. I could change my home screen, but lockscreen stayed gray even after selecting lock screen. I tried choice of 'Lock and Home Screen' thinking better I have the same picture on both than none on the front.
I repeated steps over and over. Tried everything. Except restarting my phone after choosing!
I don't know why it worked for home and not the lock screen. That's what threw me. I hope this simple fix works for you all.

nicholas dass

May 5, 2018
Visit site
cant change lock screen wallpaper

actually i opened my theme official app of my phone and i downloaded and selected a theme that had only permanent lock screen wallpapers and no other can be put there so my manager alerted to theme app is harmful so i cleared its data cache and disabled and force stop it and unallowed all the permission then i tryed to change my wallpaper first its coming "set wallpaper" then it is coming "not abel to set keygaurd wallpaper as its locked theme"

thatgurlkrystal

Jul 11, 2018
Visit site
HELP!!! I have a galaxy s6 and it’s impossible for me to change the lock screen. I bought this phone off of eBay and it’s like brand new. I tried everything and it is still won’t let me change it. It’s set as the default picture and I did everything you said but nothing. Please help!

Peep Katt

Aug 31, 2018
Visit site
Lock screen has been fine, no problems until now. Lock screen is now a photo that I didn't download and I've tried everything to go back to my photo. New photo is blurry and looks like two boxers and it will not disappear. I can't find its location in any of my files so I can't figure out where it came from in the first place. I just know I've never seen it before and I don't want it there. Home screen is fine using photo from gallery.
I am losing my mind!

DragonFire1024

Sep 1, 2017
Visit site
I have the same problem of not being able to use the wallpapers that came with the phone on the lock screen. I am very frustrated not being able to do so on my $600 SIII i9305.

I had changed the lock screen options to use a password to unlock the phone. This seems to prevent changing the lock screen wallpaper to one of the stock wallpapers. You can use any picture from the gallery or any of the Live wallpapers though.

After I removed the password option and used the swipe unlock option, I was able to use the stock Wallpapers, the Live Wallpapers, or the gallery pictures as background for the lock screen.

If I go back to any Screen Lock options that require a pin, password or pattern, the screen will go back to the last gallery image or stock wallpaper that had been set before.

This is really frustrating.

I know this is old. But I have just about the same issue. It took me days to figure out what was happening. If I had to guess, this is a result of two lock screens fighting over each other. I have an Amazon Fire HD 10 and Amazon has their own OS (and lock screen) and there's android. I can set pins and passwords, and slide through fire OS while I can do pattern, password and pin through android. Amazon doesn't let you change lock screen wallpapers unless you use Amazon photos to do it. As a side effect, in data/securedStorageLocation there is a system UI folder. Follow it and I can set the wallpaper there. But only an Image.