Battery and 4G Issues?

SunYam

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
When I am home using 4G or WiFi everything is fine. I can go to bed around 3am-5am and still have a very good bit of battery life left. But if I'm out and about town I notice my battery drops fast, seems like no matter where I go this happens. It can be 8pm-10pm and my battery will be like at 5% left when I'm out somewhere else. While out I can even use the phone less and it'll still drain fast.

There's area's around my town that I'm pretty sure doesn't have 4G yet... but seems like in these area's it doesn't just drop to 3G it either shows 1X or nothing at all. Even in one area like this I can use WiFi at girlfriends house and my battery will still drain really fast. Why is this happening?

Just odd that at my house with 4G or WiFi battery does great and last all day but anywhere else it drains fast.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
When I am home using 4G or WiFi everything is fine. I can go to bed around 3am-5am and still have a very good bit of battery life left. But if I'm out and about town I notice my battery drops fast, seems like no matter where I go this happens. It can be 8pm-10pm and my battery will be like at 5% left when I'm out somewhere else. While out I can even use the phone less and it'll still drain fast.

There's area's around my town that I'm pretty sure doesn't have 4G yet... but seems like in these area's it doesn't just drop to 3G it either shows 1X or nothing at all. Even in one area like this I can use WiFi at girlfriends house and my battery will still drain really fast. Why is this happening?

Just odd that at my house with 4G or WiFi battery does great and last all day but anywhere else it drains fast.

No its not odd really, when your phone is constantly switching signal when you are out and you are in an area with no data service and extremely low service that will kill your battery more than 4G signal. When you are on 1X or no signal at all don't be surprised when your battery drains like crazy. At these times if you know that you are going to be in an area with really spotty service try turning off your data service for time being and you will see your battery stop draining so quick.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I travel every week and have experienced the same thing. I usually keep my battery topped off in the car while on the road. That way I'm not so worried about it. I am considering a bigger battery though, or maybe the Razr HD Maxx when it comes out.c I haven't decided yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk