Videos popping up that I didn't download

zero.efx

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
So, I've had my S3 for about a month now and I've noticed one thing that particularly urks me.

My phone has a mind of it's own. When I go to gallery sometimes videos just pop up that are downloaded on my phone. This afternoon I noticed several trailers to things I didn't even remotely Google or ever even looked at. A Sims Supernatural trailer? I've never liked the Sims. Some American Express credit card commercial? Some pirate pc game?

I don't know why my phone is doing it but it's so annoying and kind of creepy because I didn't authorize any of that. I'm also the only person who uses my phone and yes it's password protected.

Can anybody please help me?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

tony477g

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Check your apps downloaded. My droid 2 global would install pictures of random stuff all the time and turns out some apps were doing it.

zero.efx

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I did. I have lookout ad defender and nothing is popping up when scanned. It's so annoying. I can delete the ads that are downloaded to my phone but at the same time I didn't authorize anything.

Also when I go near the router in my house, say I'm right by the computer and router. My computer's name pops up in a folder in the gallery. It's just an empty folder but a folder nonetheless.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC