Search Sources

GolpherZX

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
I need a little help. I'm coming back to Android after 20 months on IOS. One feature that I know I had was that I could change the settings on Google Search so that when I searched for an app name, say "FaceBook", that I would be able to launch Facebook from the Search Bar rather than having to find the app itself. I went to the local VZW store and their demo unit had inside of settings "Search Sources". I don't have this setting. Can someone tell me how to enable this? Thanks,

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I need a little help. I'm coming back to Android after 20 months on IOS. One feature that I know I had was that I could change the settings on Google Search so that when I searched for an app name, say "FaceBook", that I would be able to launch Facebook from the Search Bar rather than having to find the app itself. I went to the local VZW store and their demo unit had inside of settings "Search Sources". I don't have this setting. Can someone tell me how to enable this? Thanks,

If you have the latest update (IMM76D.I545VRALG7) the local search feature has been taken away due to Litigation by Apple.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
You cannot. If you root you can load the "Google" apk back. I believe there are some apps in the play store that have the same fx; just do a search here on the forums for some recommendations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37